Llangollen Fords- like he said, "it'll be wet"

Lol....how slippery was that!!! :D :D

Thanks to everyone who came along......it was a good day out (even if I did cock the route up :rolleyes: )

And cheers Tim for riding backmarker. :thumb

I've Emailed Wetroads.co.uk about the one that they've walled up....a shame 'cos it looked like it was a nice ford up until recently :(

Ta to Septic for the loan of the snorkel as well....it got a good testing at Corwen and did the job wel :beerjug:

Grim determination on Bill's face with zero grip, laughter on the face of the locals in the background. :)

Attachments

• help.JPG
    help.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 479
Tim....it was going too well :D
itallwentpearshape.jpg

itallwentpearshaped2.jpg

itallwentpearshaped3.jpg

itallwentpearshaped4.jpg

itallwentpearshaped5.jpg

itallwentpearshaped6.jpg

On the way Back Tim was giving it large :D Hardcore grit and determination :thumb
thewayback.jpg

thewayback2.jpg

timolgra said:
:D She must be nuts to ride pillion with me

I note that they rushed to help you, but hung around a bit when Bill binned it :D

Nice to see you again by the way :thumb

I'm sure I saw a 'moment of no return' photo yesterday on someone's camera......Tina very elegantly sailing through the air as Tim and the bike went past 45 degrees....I'm sure it'll surface before the day's out :D

timolgra said:
Grim determination on Bill's face with zero grip, laughter on the face of the locals in the background. :)

Only having a limited "window of opportunity" during the weekend, I downloaded Fanum's gps co-ordinates, and traced the route backwards from the Hand. Only three bikes in the car park, and no-one in the pub according to the receptionist. So I set off for a pleasant trip down the lanes, hoping to meet the Fords contingent coming the opposite way. After visiting a couple of farms :rolleyes: I came to the last ford on the route. Bestest Indian tracker impersonation led me to deduce that no GS's had been through recently, so rode on to the penultimate one. Parked where the "locals" were stood in the photo to have a fag and contemplate how far I should go alone, when one pops out of his gate.
"You looking for your mates?" said he, smiling, "They turned back, only one of them tried it, and he struggled!"
Thanking him, I retraced my steps, and located the group as they emerged from the last ford, just in time to avoid any wetness! A brief halt at a hostelry allowed me to put some more faces to names (Tuned, Fanum, Blues & twos, 101) before following back to the Hand.
Sadly, after a quick hello to Mouse and Clare, I had to skip off back home again, but it made for an enjoyable afternoon.
Mark

earthmover said:
Only having a limited "window of opportunity" during the weekend,

Good to see you Mark, but never mind all that, how did the 'date' go ;)

Llangollen Fords run....

A great day out and thanks again Bill :thumb

Here is the link to smugmug with all the piccies I took.
Here

Fanum said:
I'm sure I saw a 'moment of no return' photo yesterday on someone's camera......Tina very elegantly sailing through the air as Tim and the bike went past 45 degrees....I'm sure it'll surface before the day's out :D

That may well have been me then. I have looked at the sequence of fotos accurately detailing Tim and Tina's bail out, and they are clear and oh so revealing!!

Watch this space

Flying banana said:
That may well have been me then. I have looked at the sequence of fotos accurately detailing Tim and Tina's bail out, and they are clear and oh so revealing!!

Watch this space

Name your price not to post them :eek:

Tim, i am shocked that you could think I am motivated by mere money! :eek:

I canot be bought. :cool:

I tell you summat, lad, you both got 10 out of 10 for style, and 11 out of 10 for bravery.

I am professionally tucked up until Wednesday, so I will get them posted then.

Dont worry, it won't hurt a bit :D

Further to the above, just wanted to add my deep appreciation to all those who had any involment in the actual organisation of the whole weekend. I know a lot of effort was put in by them. Even Fanum, despite clearly not being as adept at interpreting his GPS as he would have us believe! :D Mate, you have my respect for doing that slippery ford :bow
i met a lot of great tossers, Bryn, Reyno, Tony, Chris Bart, his mate Alan, (wot a pair of nutters :D ) to mention just a few. It was a brilliant weekend, weather was great, I broke my fording duck, got wet and muddy, didn't drop the bike, had more beer in the two days than in the last two months, came back home thoroughly knackered and happy.
What more could one ask, really.

Cheers guys and gals :thumb

Back
Top Bottom