Llangollen '06 Road Ride Out

Nothing to do with us lot, unless someone knows something that I don't?

turnipbmw said:
Please tell me the 2 1200GS's being unloaded on a side road near Chirk were nothing to do with you lot !

Why? :nenau

Thanks

Whatton said:
I've taken Mutley's track and made a route out of it. Hope it's of use to someone :thumb

That's a clever trick. I tried to work out how to do it but couldn't work it out or find it in the 'Help'. :nenau

Mutley1150 said:
I tried to work out how to do it but couldn't work it out or find it in the 'Help'. :nenau

I manually created a route over your track, no trickery or cleverness involved.

Four waypoints picked at The four extremes of the route then I let mapsource calculate them into a route. Then "elastic banded" the cicular route onto the roads you rode by creating lots of vias.

Steptoe will tell you how :thumb

Attachments

• ScreenShot021.jpg
    ScreenShot021.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 203
Arrows are going the "wrong way round" if you ask me :eek:

Mind you, I couldn't even open the original :tosser

Mutley1150 said:
I think we went the other way round though :nenau :hide

Fussy bugger.....

Attachments

• ScreenShot023.jpg
    ScreenShot023.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 228
Thank you all for all the 'Thank You`s' :thumb

I`m seriously considering sorting out something for later in the year.

Watch this space........well not this space exactly,but you know what I mean.......

Tarka, just to add a vote of thanks for ride-out.

It was my first meet up and mores the pity I had a commitment in South Wales for the weekend, but it made the Saturday interesting riding up to the ride-out and then finishing and getting back to Swansea/Neath for a meal at 8:30pm with friends ... GPS says 486miles of Welsh back roads all told for Sat.

Then I had Sunday to myself, decided it was too good an opportunity to waste and clocked up 462 more covering some of the roads I chatted with you about on the rideout stops ...

As promised, I'll forward some suggestions for similar roads and some more technical roads (yes, more technical, more hairpins than the Pass of the Cross), including the Hay Bluff routes and others when I get to grips with the new fangled GPS and my mac.

Excellent ride, great organisation and cheers to both lead and tailgunner ;-)

Count me in for the next one ...

That map might cover the route the Tossers took, but my complete route is missing! Ferk me, telepathy ain't one of your strong points is it Mutley / Whatton :D

Mutley, I'm always confused :dabone

Back
Top Bottom