Llangollen '06 Road Ride Out

Mutley

Reaction score
In case anyone wants it here is a track log of the route Tarka took us on :thumb

Big thanks to Tarka and Glambabe for a really wonderfull day out. I think we all realised how much hard work he'd put into the route and it showed :cool: :beerjug: :clap :)

Attachments

• Llangollen 06 Ride Out.gdb
    61.8 KB · Views: 275
A few piccies

Getting ready to leave for the run :bounce1

Attachments

• Car Park 1.jpg
    Car Park 1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 519
The first stop

This is when I realised what a big group it was :confused:

Attachments

• Car Park 2.jpg
    Car Park 2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 538
The High Point

The car park at the top of the pass of the cross. I was just relieved to be there after a close encounter with a mad local on a combination coming the other way on what Tarka laughingly called a 'road' :eek:

Attachments

• Car park 3.jpg
    Car park 3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 538
Scenery

Some of the scenery was awesome. We couldn't stop to take pictures every time or else we would still be out there ;) I went back to the Ponderosa with Lord Snooty this morning to take this:

Attachments

• View from Ponderosa.jpg
    View from Ponderosa.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 529
Thank you

Hello to everyone I met on the run, Tossers to a man (and woman) :dabone

Cheers Tarka once again :beerjug:

And remember, THERE ARE STILL TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR THE WEST MIDLANDS BBQ ON JUNE 10TH / 11TH. ONLY £10. COME ON, GIVE US YER SUPPORT :D :beer:

Thanks All!

Glam Babe, Kevin and Tarka, Fan bloody Tastic!!! :bow :bow

Thanks to everyone on the ride too. Everyone made it a great day and weekend for that matter.

My last as a free man. Beer, Bikes AND kebabs. :bounce1

Skip. :beerjug:

Skippy said:
Glam Babe, Kevin and Tarka, Fan bloody Tastic!!! :bow :bow

Thanks to everyone on the ride too. Everyone made it a great day and weekend for that matter.

My last as a free man. Beer, Bikes AND kebabs. :bounce1

Skip. :beerjug:

Nice to see you again, and good luck with the wedding :thumb

More pics!

Quality a bit iffy but never mind.

Contrasting styles of the two wheel riders!!
My head shadow - TOSSER!

Attachments

• 06-05-06_1116.jpg
    06-05-06_1116.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 06-05-06_1118.jpg
    06-05-06_1118.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 268
  • 05-05-06_0951.jpg
    05-05-06_0951.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 270
Tarka & Glam Babe,

Thank you both very much for organising an excellent road ride. It was great to see so many Tossers on the road (and in the bar) at the same time. The return leg from Lake Vyrnwy over the single track road towards Llanymawddwy was a sight to behold. It was like being on the back of a roller coaster, all you could see from the tail end was an endless single line of riders rising & falling over the undulating ground. I just wish I'd had the time to take a photo.
I'm already looking forward to the inaugural "North West" rideout! :clap :thumb

Oi!

timolgra said:
great photos Skippy:confused: :confused: :D

Just like the Beeb has on its video phone links. Quality stuff you know. :upyou

Taken wiv me Motorola! On a windy day.

:D :D

Skip

Yep big thanks to Tarka, GlamBabe, Kevin and the rest who helped keep a large group together, even did a bit myself at one junction.
Know you put a lot of effort into the planing, look forward to the next. :thumb
Cheers
Brian.

Mutley, I couldn't open the file of the route. PC didn't recognise the file? "WINDOWS NEEDS TO KNOW THE FILE THAT CREATED IT" Any help with this please?

Mutley1150 said:
In case anyone wants it here is a track log of the route Tarka took us on :thumb

I've taken Mutley's track and made a route out of it. Hope it's of use to someone :thumb

Attachments

• Llangollen 06 Ride Out.gdb
    140.2 KB · Views: 212
Whatton, still can't do anything with it. PC directs me to a site that may identify the file type, tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much hassle for a pc illiterate like moi!

ELIMINATOR said:
... still can't do anything with it. PC directs me to a site that may identify the file type, tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much hassle for a pc illiterate like moi!
Have you got Mapsource on your computer? Its a Mapsource file, so if you haven't I think you're stuffed. Imagine trying to open a MS Word document, without installing Word on the computer.

Correct I haven't got mapsource on my PC, just off to see if it's "out there".

Seems like the inevitable search & find too much, any tips where I can find this, or is it not as I suspect a free download?

If not can anyone scan the route in and put it on this thread?

Welsh National Rally

Whilst you were having fun I was doing the Welsh National Rally.
Started at 08.30, finished at 20.00.
23 check points, 450 miles (including the Aberystwyth montain road from Elan valley to Cwmystwyth) and a Platinum award.
Please tell me the 2 1200GS's being unloaded on a side road near Chirk were nothing to do with you lot !

Back
Top Bottom