Region 1 - Trial run out

bakerlonglegs

Relative numpty
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello folks - fancy a ride-out? :D

Now that the weather's brightened up it's time to give the R1 route a 2nd run-out, this time with Duchess (Karen - our baton carrier :bow ) and anyone else who fancies coming along.

The route will be as shown here .

Best opportunity will be a weekend. I can't make it until mid/late June now, so let's narrow it down to a day on one of 3 possible weekends:
17/18 June
24/25 June
1/2 July

If you're interested, please let me know which days on those weekends you would be available.
Many thanks,
Andy

No pref

Up for any of the dates, although it is me birf day on 01/07 might be a bit jaded, but probly not, as there's not much of a celebration these days! B gud to ride the route, might even have an impromtu on me own, let me know when bumf/prom stuff is done please, all the best, still haven't sorted where to send/give donation too, so it gets best used, ie tax repaid on it, and is credited to our pink lady's effort for the BCC. regards Dusan :thumb

Boing!!

Hello all - any more thoughts about your availability for a trial ride? Obviously time has moved on since my first post on this—unfortunately this weekend (17/18) is now out for me. I also can't make any dates in August, so we will have to get something sorted in June or July.

Duchess - this really does centre around you, so get your diary out... :D

:beerjug:

Andy

bakerlonglegs said:
Boing!!

Duchess - this really does centre around you, so get your diary out... :D

Andy

Yes, sorry, I've been a little distracted ... I'll do it tonight

Speak soon.

:)

bakerlonglegs said:
Best opportunity will be a weekend. I can't make it until mid/late June now, so let's narrow it down to a day on one of 3 possible weekends:
17/18 June
24/25 June
1/2 July

If you're interested, please let me know which days on those weekends you would be available.
Many thanks,
Andy

Andy, I can do either the 24/25 June or 1/2 July ... let me know which you prefer.

Need to book an overnight B&B stay for Friday so we can tackle the ride Saturday and then make our way back home to the East Midlands same-day.

Does anybody know of or can recommend any decent B&B's at Kings Lynn?

Karen. :)

Milk Tray Man said:
Now booked for for 24/25 and 01/02 so will have to pass on this. Have a great ride.

ok thanks for letting us know, we'll see you on the main ride in September, yes?

Duchess said:
Andy, I can do either the 24/25 June or 1/2 July ... let me know which you prefer.

Need to book an overnight B&B stay for Friday so we can tackle the ride Saturday and then make our way back home to the East Midlands same-day.

Does anybody know of or can recommend any decent B&B's at Kings Lynn?

Hi Karen
Now can't make the 1st July and the 24/25 weekend is do-able but not ideal. Would it be possible to do the ride Sunday 2nd July? That would be best-est for me.

Apologies I don't know of any decent B&B's in KL. Suggest you stick a post in the East Anglia, East Midlands or Accommodation sections.

Andy

Andy ... can I give you a call later ... I need to make sure I'm back home for Sunday afternoon latest.

karen. :)

No problem.
A return home by Sunday p.m. would mean a very early start, given that you live in the Midlands and the route ends up near the Dartford Tunnel, but it depends when on Sunday - late afternoon 4/5-ish may be do-able.
Speak later :thumb
Andy

bakerlonglegs said:
No problem.
A return home by Sunday p.m. would mean a very early start, given that you live in the Midlands and the route ends up near the Dartford Tunnel, but it depends when on Sunday - late afternoon 4/5-ish may be do-able.
Speak later :thumb
Andy

Just got home, I'll call you over the weekend.

Happy for the above ... I beleive most of the route home will be mostly motorway so should be ok for the return journey (arriving home mid to late Sunday afternoon).

So 2nd July it is then. :thumb Will you forward on the exact details of the starting point Andy. I dont mind doing an early start.

We'll travel down Saturday and plan to stay overnight in Kings Lynn (hopefully :mmmm ).

Speak soon

Travel Inn

I know of a Travel Inn just outside of Kings Lynn, generally £50 ish per room if thats not too steep?

King's Lynn
Clenchwarton Road
West Lynn
King's Lynn
Norfolk
PE34 3LJ

T: 08701 977 149

Still on for the event only fly in the ointment is a couple of big deals going at work which if they come off may completely screw up my plans for the last 6 months of the year. Will keep you advised.

Cheers

Glen

Thanks for the information Glen. Thats useful to know.

Let us know if you can still make it nearer the time. :thumb

:)

Hotel booked :thumb

I've sent you a pm Andy on exact details.

Staying overnight in Kings Lynn, 1 night only.

See you all soon ....

Hi -
Replied to your PM.

The hotel is now full - they think (think?! :eek ) they have a wedding on that night. Carol and I are booked into a B&B down the road.

:thumb

Andy

And now there are 3! Duchess, Dusan and I will be meeting in Kings Lynn on Sunday 2nd July for a 9 a.m. start to test out the Region 1 route, finishing at Thurrock services.

All are welcome to join us for the ride, which should finish early afternoon.

PM me for more info if you'd like to come along.

Andy

Dusan and Bakerlonglegs....

What a fantastic day to trial out the Region 1 run. Thoroughly enjoyed the trip.

just arrived home (7.00pm) after being in the saddle since 9.00 am this morning with you all, so we're both feeling tired and I for one am longing for a nice cool shower after riding in such high temperatures.

speak soon ....

Blimey - 7 pm :eek: By 5 I was flaked out in front of the telly.... :sleep

Yeah, it was a great day out, superb to put faces to names. :D

Duchess, you did a storming job today! :clap :clap :clap

Here's looking forward to the 5th :thumb

Ditto

Great to meet you guy's, well done, sorry to leave the ride early, but i realy was knackered after me birfday, glad all went well and all are safe, see ya soon lovely peeps, kind regards Dusan, does this mean i'm a proper tosser now? :thumb
Will pm you l8a Andy, re what info i can help wid Cheers :clap

Back
Top Bottom