Propsed Route for Region 8 and Dry Run

The Moo

Reaction score
Hi, :)
I have looked at a map (not good with computer based things) but then put it into AA Road Map thing - don't know how to post it here.Here's the route I looked at: :beerjug:

Carlisle - A7 to M6 then A74 to Gretna Green. Left onto A75 to Dumfries then on up the A76 to A77 Junction. From there either the A71 - A737 to the Paisley Jnctn 29 of M8 OR A77M to the A726 to Paisley Jnctn 29 of M8 (which is faster and shorter if we are running late).

From Jnctn 29 --go to Jnctn 30 then take the A82 North to Tarbet where we turn left along the A83 along to the A816 -- then North again to Oban - up to South Ballachulish and then the A82 to Fort William.
(From Tarbet we can also go straight onto the A82 and then on up to Fort William - again, about 1/2 the distance of the first route if we are running late).

Total Mileage: with the short cuts: 220 miles (Av Speed 34mph) and along the more lengthy route: 270miles (average speed 41.5 miles per hour). :bounce1

I am not familiar too much with the roads - but wld like to do a "dry run" :moped: in August - around the 2nd week - who can join us for that? :thumb Wld love some company :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 both for that and for the actual event. We also need to sort out petrol stuff - so I need to get the knowledge of people who live up there (I'm in London for my sins!! :loopy )

Look forward to hearing from whomever plus Grahame. :beer: What dates would suit you (if any) in the second week of Aug? CAn you give me an idea as we're planning our hols now.

I have agreed with Duchess to be the coordinator for this :eek: - but I can do only limited things -- talking to and coordinating with Region 7 and 9 being the main thing - we need local knowledge of papers; radio stations; publicity points and so on. AND, of course, the more the merrier for raising the money. ;)

Tara for now
Amy :goof

Back
Top Bottom