The Pig Bash

• Thread starter Deleted account W
  • Start date

Deleted account W

80478746-L-1.jpg

Got to the Pig Bash on Friday after riding the last thirty miles with the battery light on. Luckily Steptoe carries a spare.

Liv was there, spotted her showing the kids how to ride a bike…..

80479993-L-1.jpg

We got Chez Whatton set up. this was the only time I saw it without a pile of empty beer cans and junk food wrappers littering the area........

80480269-L.jpg

Tuned In turned up with some tee shirts, top man :thumb , this ones written in Bakerlish......

80480815-L-1.jpg

Steptoe came expecting record temperatures for an Andovian July.........

80481002-L-1.jpg

Pint6X offered to help erect Fanums tent while he went off to play with Steptoe on the tank tracks. He's got the rough idea of tent erection, it just needs fine tuning.....

80481098-L.jpg

We picked a prime spot for Fanums tent...........

80481203-L-1.jpg

Bushboy turned up with his controversal wheels.......

80483592-L.jpg

The next morning Room 101 led the rideout out ;)

80482122-L.jpg

Tuned in looking supremly confident off tarmac :D .......

80483105-L.jpg

I had my own rideout with James Burton. We found Tesco's and bought essential provisions.......

80516896-L.jpg

The sun came out :thumb

80484151-L-1.jpg

Fanum took in the view......

80484679-L-1.jpg

On the way to the evening festivities we noticed someone had put a Wendy house up for the kids to play in :D

80484903-L.jpg

It was a busy evening....

80485025-L-1.jpg

The pig proved popular......

80485188-L.jpg

The safety officers were keen to pass on advice and words of wisdem.........

80485953-L-1.jpg

Bakermans son took the stage with one of the bands.....

80486045-L.jpg

Clive danced the night away........

80487532-L-1.jpg

Mutley seemed to be having a good time :D

80490363-L-1.jpg

And Trippy decided that ATGATT was the best policy on the dance floor......

80490557-L.jpg

Bakerman showed us a step or two.........

80490798-L.jpg

"One Step Beyond" proved popular :thumb .....

80491306-L.jpg

Woody worked a sweat up.......

80491586-L.jpg

The Viscount Derbyshire and Trippy looked a bit confused when the band finished....

80494213-L-2.jpg

And then it rained and we drank and sang for a bit. Then it was all over. We packed up, thanked bakerman for the best Hog Raost yet and rode home.

Top weekend Steve, thank you :bow

Lets see some more of your pictures people :thumb

I caught Paul BHT in an unguarded moment...

7cebre2.jpg

Then I went for a quiet evening in the marquee........

3ed7re2.jpg

But I didn't rate the stripper :rolleyes:

c8f9re2.jpg

Crackin' do, Steve :bow :bow :bow :beerjug:

I couldn't face a full English this morning for some reason, there must have been something wrong with that pig!

Just a line to say thanks to Steve and the team. Thank you for a top weekend, already looking forward to next year.
John

joking aside, this was our first ukgser do. And what a laugh it was.
I have many photos but no way of 'bulk' displaying them like others here.

The tent... well, grabbed from the loft after a last minute decision after talking to tobinator (he's in cornwall on family hols).

I will now change my id from the very creatively named 'iangough' to 'tentman' !!!

Long live the hogroast !!

tent

your lucky you had such a nice tent to rest your head ian. newly married martin lost his on the way to the event. perhaps he could buy you nice blue one for next year

tonyq6551 said:
your lucky you had such a nice tent to rest your head ian. newly married martin lost his on the way to the event. perhaps he could buy you nice blue one for next year

I would not inflict that tent on anyone. It will be binned or just restricted to my son's games in the garden.

As the Hogroast will be part of the 'compulsary event curriculum' now, it looks like i have to get a tent that is at least waterproof.

I'm on my way to halfords tonight as they have a couple of deals. As you might have gathered, i dont really know what i'm looking for.

On the up side, at least i have a year to get one !!

iangough said:
I'm on my way to halfords tonight as they have a couple of deals. As you might have gathered, i dont really know what i'm looking for.

On the up side, at least i have a year to get one !!

Unless you intend to use it before next year Ian, I'd wait.......come October, there'll be half price tents and all sorts in Millets etc etc....buying a tent in the middle of summer and just before the kids break up isn't a great move ;)

Oh, the Hograost was fun! :beer:
But I have a problem;
-names!
Please help me out here; From left to right we have...? All, except one, are Irish - and I think that is one of the persons in the centre. :p

:) Liv.

Attachments

• Liv og Irene, fra Irland, på Hograost 46kb.jpg
    Liv og Irene, fra Irland, på Hograost 46kb.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 494
From the Left: Jinkxy (Wales), Snowdog (Scotland), Slimbo (Wales), 4th: Don't know, 5th: Can't remember his name (may not even be registered on here, but I do remember he was Polish and working in London).

All, except one, are Irish - and I think that is one of the persons in the centre.
You'd probably had too much Aquavite and Reindeer meat Liv because AFAIR only the one on the right is Irish. :D :D

Taff said:
From the Left: Jinkxy (Wales), Snowdog (Scotland), Slimbo (Wales), 4th: Don't know, 5th: Can't remember his name (may not even be registered on here, but I do remember he was Polish and working in London).

You'd probably had too much Aquavite and Reindeer meat Liv because AFAIR only the one on the right is Irish. :D :D
Thank you, Taff! Diolch!

No wonder I didn't figured out the names; I'm sure one of those or the photographer said they was from Ireland! :eek
I guess I'm not the only one who had too much of something... But it was fun no matter where they come from!

...but could it be none of those guys are from England? :nenau I think that are what they tried to tell me.

:) Liv - number four.

Hmmm....
So:
1: Jinkxy, Wales
2:Snowdog, Scotland
3:Slimbo, Wales
4: Me
5:From Poland
6:From Ireland.
-Is that correct?

:) Liv.

Back