FEED BACK

Found the bar staff excellent, breakfasts were served super quick.

The enthusistic 'pot boys' who never let the empty glass hit the table before collecting it.

Enjoyed not feeling amongst freeloaders from the pub - everyone there paid up :thumb

A Park Ferme for all vehicles - arrive, unload then park up (though preferably in sight of the camping area for security). Too much vehicular movement in the camping area.

Recycling and Waste points.

Servicing of toilets and shower areas. Paper and cleaning. I used the sit me down twice and both times had to go looking for paper, first time found paper towels something like wet n dry, next time it was something far less cosseting so back to me tent for the campers portable bath (baby wipes).

More happy helpers (I'd call them stewards but that might make people think I want hi-viz tabards or somesuch nonsense) would make all the above do-able.

TUNED IN said:
I liked the no club/ukgser promotions it made for a better overall vibe :thumb ...

marquee closer to the bar so that the Fri night band gets an audience... too far to walk with a beer by the time you get to the marquee you've it all drunk...
how about a can bar at the marquee :thumb ...

sell extra dounuts and cheese straws pasties etc at a stall on sat night profits going to the chariteeeee.

Get the bar to stay open longer!!!!!!

Spot on in all counts.....previously there's been some casks of beer in the end of the tent...that worked well ;thumb

The beer was a bit dear for a private club.......a lot of people went out to Tesco's to stock up.....if they gave the Gateway club 50p a pint sold, it would have been a lot better -they'd have sold more and we wouldn't have gone out to get cans ;)

Half a dozen wheely bins around the site would have been good :thumb

I see you said no stalls next year Steve.....whysat then :nenau

Les and the Ultimate ear guy are good...they're never in your face and good old Les always manages to help somone out...this year it was Annie with her punctured airbed....I reckon they should stay meself :confused:

Didn't get a whiff of a doughnut meself......I'd certainly put 50p in a pot for one though, as I'm sure a lot of others would......I think £50 was right at the upper limit of what you can charge, but flogging doughnuts etc would suplement the income a bit :thumb

A cracking weekend though....even if nothing changed, everyone would be back next year and more would come too.....gotta be the best event of the year IMO.

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

Hi Steve,
I agree with many of the comments, It is a top weekend, bins around the site would be good, not to fussed about the bar as I am supposed to be on the dry but.... More doughnuts OOOHHHH yes please,yes, I think a special area for non snorers would be a crash hot idea, always good to have traveldri_plus about, fab shop.
Once again thanks for all your efforts.
John

How about a BMW Parts & Service counter :eek:

More bins, sell the doughnuts in bulk, and a beer tent would be good too :thumb

It was too difficult working out where to camp - nice if there were some white lines marking out individual camping bays.

If an area of grass leading from the central area to the edge was dried out then set alight you could also use the rest of the paint for a nice Zebra crossing - that would sort out the traffic issues.

Food on the Friday Night & Novices Ride

Could there be something hot going on later? It needn't be the whole thing.

People (and me) were arriving fairly late on the Friday night after work committments and the ride down. Once you'd got yer camp set up there was no hot food left :nenau

I think the novices ride should be kept for novices. I hear the other off road ride out wasn't well supported whilst there were some people on the novices ride who clearly knew what they were doing. It means Steptoe can't help the newbies because he's worried about the size of the group.

Otherwise loved it. :thumb

judge said:
He get's the best delivery service money can't buy, my discount applied to the parts, BMW technician on-site to assist, nicks their tools and still it wasn't good enough!! :D

I didn't say that, now did I. :rolleyes: I just acknowledge the fact that I'll probably make an even bigger feck up next time :eek: :thumb :D

Enjoyed myself , had a good time , however ;

Maybe's the use of an iron , my shirts were in a right mess .
Shower mats , the floor was a bit course .
A few more hooks or shelves in the shower , for your wash bag .
Extra lighting near the mirrors .
Hairdryer .
Washing mashine and tumble dryer .
One extra stall stocking deoderants , shower gel , maybe's a Chemist .

Oh yes , an ice machine :thumb

Or i could bring my shower with me next time :cool:

Attachments

• F1 Shower ..jpg
    F1 Shower ..jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 170
GREAT IMPUT Thank you

Just what I wanted, good to see a lot of the stuff you picked out bothered me also.

As for TRADERS, Les Travel-dri doesn`t like to join in as he does`nt want to be thought to be tradeing when the bands on, so he doesn`t socailise.

I want him along as a freind and a camper on his BMW, anyway next year hes has a project on and will be too busy to bring his shop anyway.

He also had gear stollen, he normally sleeps in the shop but as it was a PRIVATE PARTY he decided to sleep in his caravan.

Costs of stuff stollen amounted to 2 bags at £15 each, but I never thought I invited theives.

So Les comes along next year to enjoy himself.

Unless a trader shows big intrest, NEVER say NEVER , they need to contact me I`m not out looking, as before.

All stuff taken on board BIG TIME :thumb

BAKES

BAKERMAN said:
Costs of stuff stollen amounted to 2 bags at £15 each, but I never invited theives.

So Les comes along next year to enjoy himself.

That's just not on..... i expect more from tossers than stealing stuff... lets hope it was locals not tossers :nono

BAKERMAN said:
He also had gear stollen
Costs of stuff stollen amounted to 2 bags at £15 each, but I never invited theives.

Bloody unbelievable and really sad that someone would even consider it.
scumbag

TUNED IN said:
That's just not on..... i expect more from tossers than stealing stuff... lets hope it was locals not tossers :nono

Didn`t really want to publish the fact but, thats the reason also, after 4 years he needs to come along and just enjoy himself with his lady wife, without out the worries of a shop.

Trippy said:
Bit early I know but ..... dates of next years :D

same weekend, all booked, club, loos, marquee, pigs, website, no KIDDIES corner hire, went out Monday after and bought all our own gear £180 Giant Jenga, Giant Connect 4, 4 Space Hoppers, bollox to hireing.

Marquee next ! :D

BAKERMAN said:
He also had gear stollen, he normally sleeps in the shop but as it was a PRIVATE PARTY he decided to sleep in his caravan.

Costs of stuff stollen amounted to 2 bags at £15 each, but I never thought I invited theives.

BAKES

That is bad, really bad, I would hate to think that it was a someone connected with the event. :spitfire

BTBR

Jon said:
Maybe have an opprtunity to buy rafffle tickets when you "check in"?

I only managed to buy some white ones as we got asked when sitting near the bar. I did ask if there were any other colours (being an experienced raffler :D), but wasn't able to buy the other colours as I couldn't find who was selling them.

Would have spent more dosh on more colours.

Didn't help turning up at 5:30pm on Saturday I know :mmmm

Also, didn't know when the raffle draw was, saw the gathering at the tent and assumed something was going on, or there were freebies to be had :D. Louder PA for announcements maybe? Or a board with "raffle at 7pm" on it and then the winners number put on it afterwards?

Just some thoughts...............as I'd like to win the £12k motorbike next year please :D

Agree with the above I only found the tickets by accident as well. I would also like to suggest that tickets could be sold in advance of the event if it's not too complicated, if there's a new bike as a prize I'm sure members who can't attend would like a shot at winning it, and the other prizes were pretty good as well.

Back
Top Bottom