Excited?

I leave home on the Wednesday and come back Sunday - How can that not be something to be excited about. . . . .. . . . .

(I don't get out much)

:tigger :tigger :tigger :tigger

Never been t Ireland afore and am very excited!!
Camping in Ireland........very barking!!!
Can not wait to saee the size of this crack people keep talking about :D :D

Looked at all the camping stuff I'd laid out today.......then called the Hotel to see if they had a room :D

Coming with no camping kit....she's ecstatic, but we don't have a bed for saturday night :rolleyes: ......bring it on!!!!! :D

ianran said:
Never been t Ireland afore and am very excited!!
Camping in Ireland........very barking!!!
Can not wait to saee the size of this crack people keep talking about :D :D

A few tips as your new to this part of the world:

1) we use larger spirit measures which can result in an "Oh gord never again" the following morning.

2) Always order the guiness at the beginning of a round not the end.

2) It's craic not crack

3) It is traditional on a first visit to throw your wallet into a bar before entering as a sign you are friendly!

4) Don't feed the natives but make sure to supply plenty of liquids.

:D

Thunder said:
A few tips as your new to this part of the world:

1) we use larger spirit measures which can result in an "Oh gord never again" the following morning.

2) Always order the guiness at the beginning of a round not the end.

2) It's craic not crack

3) It is traditional on a first visit to throw your wallet into a bar before entering as a sign you are friendly!

4) Don't feed the natives but make sure to supply plenty of liquids.

:D

Thanks for that:-

1) Must remember I wont need doubles then ! :nono

2) Note to self; bring spoon for Guiness :beer:

2) No S**t Sherlock :D

3) Im from England not planet Naivity!!! :clap

4) Mum told me not to speak to strangers!!!!! :bow

Coming via Athlone on Friday, any ideas on how to feed Achill into GPS (cant find hotel on map) and or a good route from there?

ianran said:
Coming via Athlone on Friday, any ideas on how to feed Achill into GPS (cant find hotel on map) and or a good route from there?

Attn all GPS heads. I will be posting GPS co-ordinates for the hotel on Monday or Tuesday evening which hopefully will be of some help. Jockser was over there yesterday, so it may take a day or two for him to figure out how to download all the points from Betty. :eek:

Aidan1150 said:
Attn all GPS heads. I will be posting GPS co-ordinates for the hotel on Monday or Tuesday evening which hopefully will be of some help. Jockser was over there yesterday, so it may take a day or two for him to figure out how to download all the points from Betty. :eek:

Great - I leave Wednesday AM, so any guidance before then is greatly appreciated.

Is the hotel by Achill Sound?

Aidan1150 said:

Lol...poor old Oblertone....he's set off already!!! :D

If anyone sees a befuddled white haired very pink copper wandering aimlessly around West Ireland shouting out 'My Arse Hurts!!!!' to anyone in uniform, please point him in the right direction :D

PS Please do not allow him near any naked flames or sources of ignition though ;)

ianran said:

Hotel co-ordinates are :
N : 53deg 55.999min
W: 009deg 55.205min

Its on the left immediately before the bridge across Achill Sound - can't miss it :D

If you going direct from Athlone the road I usually take is the N61 to Roscommon, then the N60 through Castlerea,Ballyhaunis, Claremorris to Castlebar. Then take the R311 to Mulranny & the N59 to Achill. There are some boring straights but generally its interesting, not much traffic out of the towns & you can make good progress :bounce1 :D

If you have more time available send me a PM & I'll work out a great route for you ;) ;)

so it may take a day or two for him to figure out how to download all the points from Betty.
:p :p

Thank Jockster, I've made it into a waypoint.........

Attachments

• Achil Island Hotel.gdb
    215 bytes · Views: 126

Back
Top Bottom