Region 2 - Fundraising Stuff

Zippy

Please feel free to post useful fundraising info / events / activities /

Also successes !!

It'll help us all keep going!

Tips for raising monies:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75892

Feel free to post any more helpful hints and tips - even things which don't work - we'll all learn and share! :thumb

Steve

E-mail friends and Family ?

Why not try cutting and pasting the message below and sending it on to friends and family or anyone you think might be interested in making a donation?

-----start-----

The Pink Way Around Britain - Relay Challenge

In September 2006, The ukGSer ‘Pink Way Around Britain’ - Relay Challenge will be attempted by a team of girl riders on BMW GS bikes. They will undertake a perimeter ride of approximately 3,000 miles around mainland Britain in four days to raise funds for the charity, Breast Cancer Care.

Our rider Ela, will take over the baton at the QEII bridge at Dartford, ride around the Kent coast, and then along the Sussex coast to Southampton, where the baton will be passed on to the next rider. Ela will be accompanied by a number of support riders to keep her company!

To find out more information about the challenge, including posters, information sheets for each leg of the challenge, and a link to make a donation, click on the link below:

http://www.ukgser.com/pinkwayaround/

For more details of what the team are raising money for, click on the link below:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=5314

Or alternatively if you’d like jump straight in and make a donation, just click on the following link. It couldn't be simpler! Don't forget that, if you're a UK tax payer, you can increase the value of your donation by completing the Gift Aid declaration.

http://www.justgiving.com/ukgser

Thanks in advance for supporting this very worthwhile cause.

Please feel free to forward this message to anyone you feel may wish to contribute.

-----end-----

Hi Zippy,

Great stuff - here and on the other new threads! :clap :clap :clap

Thank you so much!

Ela

Hi,

I just thought I'd boost the morale a bit and share with you how much money Possu and I have raised so far.

Steve gets a lot of support from his colleagues and customers at BMW NOG - and together with donations from our friends (including several very generous Tossers :bow ) he has collected £403.00 to date.

My colleagues at Elsevier have sponsored me with £490.00.

The TRF Oxford has generously donated £145.00 (£95.00 from individual members and £50.00 from the group as such).

Makes a whopping £1,038 - and there are still two weeks to go!

I am really overwhelmed by the huge support for the Pink Way and BCC. It also makes me aware how many people and their families and friends are affected by Breast Cancer. Almost everybody I speak to has their story to tell...

A big THANK YOU to all of you who help to make this challenge a success!

Ela

Pumpy said:
Hi,

I just thought I'd boost the morale a bit and share with you how much money Possu and I have raised so far.

Steve gets a lot of support from his colleagues and customers at BMW NOG - and together with donations from our friends (including several very generous Tossers :bow ) he has collected £403.00 to date.

My colleagues at Elsevier have sponsored me with £490.00.

The TRF Oxford has generously donated £145.00 (£95.00 from individual members and £50.00 from the group as such).

Makes a whopping £1,038 - and there are still two weeks to go!

I am really overwhelmed by the huge support for the Pink Way and BCC. It also makes me aware how many people and their families and friends are affected by Breast Cancer. Almost everybody I speak to has their story to tell...

A big THANK YOU to all of you who help to make this challenge a success!

Ela

Hey Ela

That's pretty spectacular !!

Well done.

Steve

Ela

I've sent you a PM.

I hope to be able to ride with you for at least part of the way, work allowing.

I'm full of admiration for what you're all undertaking here, If there's anything you think I can do to help around Folkestone at this late stage, please let me know.

Robin.

Hi Robin, Good to have you on board.

Would you join us at Dartford or on the way? If on the way let me know where and I'll be sure to look out for you, also pm one of us your phone number so we can let you know what time we'll be expected in your area.

Regarding help on the ground - simple stuff like distributing posters in local dealers/pubs/garages etc...making them aware of justgiving.com or asking them if they don't mind collecting donations from customers.

Beyond that it's really a matter of how much time you've got - local press/radio/TV, anything to get some increased publicity and money.

Hope to see you on the day.

:beer: Cheers Jim

Region II - Sponsorship Money - The Final

Hi Everybody,

After coming back from holiday and collecting the last outstanding donations (there are still £76.00 missing, grumble, grumble... :confused: ) I would like to share our final results with you.

Thanks to the amazing generosity from our mates, family and colleagues Possu and I were able to fill 15 sponsorship forms and raise the following sums:

£ 168.00 from my mates at the TRF Oxfordshire :bow
£ 175.00 from fellow Tossers :bow
£ 220.00 from fellow ADVRiders :bow
£ 297.00 from friends and family :bow
£ 319.00 from Steve's colleagues & customers at NOG BMW :bow
£ 725.00 from my colleagues at Elsevier :bow

All adds up to a whopping £ 1,904.00 !!! :clap :clap :clap

I am overwhelmed by the stupendous support we received and hugely grateful for all your encouragement. You make me feel humble but also proud that I have been part of this challenge.

THANK YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH!

Ela x

P.S. If any of you Region II riders have raised sponsorship monies yourselves please post away here... :)

Back
Top Bottom