Any questions about the East Mids Event?

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If anyone has any questions about the event itself, along with rideouts/food etc.. please post here or PM me..

Duchess is sorting out the Pink Way ride... I'm sorting the event itself :thumb

Thanks Bryn

Will there be bi.....

Akk sodit, it ain't funny anymore :D

Nice one Bryn, you're both doing a great job :thumb

Bill, I know what you were going to ask... but we decided against the Cat Juggler... :D too many hot coals

Can anyone come along on the Friday evening only for a chin wag and if so whats the charge/who do I pay etc? (Can't make the Sat/Sun even though I only live 5 miles away, wifes birthday party that night! :eek: )

Can you make my boss give me the Friday off so that I can come?

Spikehammer said:
Can anyone come along on the Friday evening only for a chin wag and if so whats the charge/who do I pay etc? (Can't make the Sat/Sun even though I only live 5 miles away, wifes birthday party that night! :eek: )

of course you can come along for a chin wag :D don't charge for that

if you want to camp overnight it will be £5 for the tent.. otherwise its good (and free ) to talk

:beerjug:

Wizard said:

Give me his number, let me call him for you .... ;)

Duchess said:
Give me his number, let me call him for you .... ;)

No offence Karen, but that just wouldn't work. Now Fanum, on the other hand........ ;)

Wizard said:

I can do you a sick note if you want.

Dear Wizard's Boss.

Wiz can't come to work on Friday as he's sick. God is he sick you should see what he does with a jamjar of warm liver! :D

Book the boat and have faith! :thumb

Wizard said:
No offence Karen, but that just wouldn't work. Now Fanum, on the other hand........ ;)

No that was the idea .. to formally introduce Fanum for you

Newbies?

Hi

Having only a couple thousand miles under my belt since I passed at the end of May ( I spend half my time overseas... so it is more than it sounds!!) is this weekend good for newbies? Are the ride-outs on the road or greenlanes? It'd be great to get some time with some experienced riders... so to speak ;)

Also, I hope you guys can tolerate a Dakar joining the group... :p

Jase

Jase said:
Hi

Having only a couple thousand miles under my belt since I passed at the end of May ( I spend half my time overseas... so it is more than it sounds!!) is this weekend good for newbies? Are the ride-outs on the road or greenlanes? It'd be great to get some time with some experienced riders... so to speak ;)

Also, I hope you guys can tolerate a Dakar joining the group... :p

Jase

Hi Jase, it doesnt make a difference what you're riding! and you'll be one of many I suspect on a Dakar :thumb

It would be a fine opportunity to get to know a few tossers, and we plan to have a number of rideouts organised for the Saturday (around 10am)

including

Fanums Famous Fords Facilitation (look it up)

A road ride and also a possibility of an off road ride ;)

after a hard day in the saddle you can then try your hand at a bit of Bull Riding :ymca

There will be plenty to occupy for the weekend, and this promises to be the premier ukgser event so far :beerjug:

Bryn

Bryn,

I will be coming off the M1 at J21 and heading in from there. Do you know the road number that the campsite is along, or will the site be signposted?

Aidan1150 said:
Bryn,

I will be coming off the M1 at J21 and heading in from there. Do you know the road number that the campsite is along, or will the site be signposted?

Aidan, its fairly easy to get to...

Off J21 down to A563 south

Then follow directions for Narborough.. you'll come to a traffic light controlled island with a pub on the opposite side.... thats the FOXHUNTER ROUNDABOUT and is labelled so... turn left towards Whetstone, and follow road to next traffic island

Thats the A426... Turn right onto A426 towards Lutterworth and you'll come to crossroads with Countesthorpe to left Cosby to right

Turn left towards Countesthorpe at the cross roads, then first right, which is a single track road... at next junction turn right towards Willoughby Waterleys....

Whetstone Gorse is a few hundred yards on right...

(sounds worse that it is) Its about 10 minutes from J21 M1

Bryn :thumb

(think I'll make some signs up as well)

Hey Bryn

I sent you a mail, not sure if you got it yet...

I'd like to book a place on the event - I don't have a Paypal acct... perhaps you could email me 'jsmarkos at yahoo dot co dot uk' with an address for a cheque or acct details and I can make a transfer.

Thanks

Jase

Back
Top Bottom