UKGSer Girls Claim 'Around Britain' Ride Title

Yes it was !
Lets not deride your clubs/members effort though, but I thought that you should be aware of Clive's stunning effort that he just really decided to go and .......?do!

Still he was riding a VFR !!!! :thumb

Hasta
Brian

RAM-man said:
After a eurphoric week in which many of us watched this ride challenge around Britain unfold, the dust has now settled which allows me the greatest pleasure on behalf of the admin team (Paul, Lucy, Andy, Karen and me) to declare that in September 2006 a girl team of 11 riders forming the UKGSer 'Pink Way Around Britain' challenge set a record ride time of 76 hours 27 minutes to complete a 2945 mile , non-stop perimeter ride around mainland Britain whilst raising funds for Breast Cancer Care.

Our Girl team of; Karen Bunn, Manuela Beis, Jaq Horton , Sharron Price, Maria Rocke, Lucy Rea, Amy Maguire, Tash Martin, Moira Scobbie, Allison Bain and Sue Lohan rode a pre-determined route, before passing on the baton, a pink bra, to their colleague who continued until they had circumnavigated mainland Britain, along with rider support from GS colleagues.

Having met many of these girl riders at last weekends EM rally in Leicester they were thrilled and overwhelmed with their own and the team's overall achievement of this challenge ride.

Well done to all riders and their support who worked and rode so very hard to make this happen. Its a first, so be rightly proud as no one can take it away :bow :clap :clap :clap :clap .

timings.jpg

A message from Breast Cancer Care to all girl riders and their support teams.

Congratulations to all of you for all your hard work and dedication to the challenge. On behalf of everyone at Breast Cancer Care, we want to say a massive thank you, without dedicated fundraisers like UKGSer we would not be able to provide vital support and information to people affected by breast cancer in the UK. It’s a truly fantastic achievement.

Any idea of the total amount raised yet?

Davel said:
Any idea of the total amount raised yet?

No, not really ... all accounts are due to close end of October so it would be unfair to even speculate any figures at this stage hence no formal announcements into the forum.

PWAB team wont announce the final figure until its officially received into the 'The Pink Way Around Britain' account Davel for BCC.

There is a post requesting sponsor monies to come in .....

Keep your fingers crossed for us :)

I'm sorry I wasn't a member back then, but WELL DONE anyway :)

Maybe next time I might be able to join in??? :D

Cheers

Shirley

IluvmyGS said:
I'm sorry I wasn't a member back then, but WELL DONE anyway :)

Maybe next time I might be able to join in??? :D

Cheers

Shirley

No problem :thumb

Back
Top Bottom