A Run to the Hills 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think I should be able to make it and possibly the Lynda too. I'll stick it in the diary! Looking forward to meeting you all then if not before.

Thunder said:
Your right there Rob, I just booked it and they moved you to the coal shed out the back! :D

Cheers for that Roger :dabone :D

dont forget the Guinness tokens :beerjug:

blade said:
David,

If it's anything like last one :thumb

One of the most relaxing outing I was on.

See Aidan, it can't have been THAT bad! :D

trevmcdev8 said:
See Aidan, it can't have been THAT bad! :D

:hapybnce:

He's trying to lure everyone into a false sense of security & hoping someone else will turn up to share a room with you so he doesn't have to ;) :D

Nice one Aiden

:beer: :beer: 2 Questions -Is this going to be in addition to Archill Island bash (or where ever it's to be held next year) ? & is it to be as wet and windy as Archill ? if so my tenty stays at home :spitfire

Aidan1150 said:
After the success of the Run to the Hills earlier this year I have decided to run the event again in 2007.

The dates to put in your diary are; Friday 30th, Saturday 31st of March and Sunday 1st April.

All are welcome.

The weekend will be based at the Lennon Lodge in Ramelton again but the Saturday rideout will take a different route than this year.

At the moment I am looking at heading further west in Co. Donegal on the rideout, taking in Dunfanaghy and Glenveagh National Park.

Accommodation prices have yet to be finalised but are likely to be the same as this year at €30pp/pn B&B. If there is sufficient demand an evening meal will be provided by the Lennon Lodge on the Saturday, again prices and menu are undecided, but I hope to have these sorted soon.

Hopefully the turnout and weather will be as good as the 2006 event. :bounce1

Atrocity said:
:beer: :beer: 2 Questions -Is this going to be in addition to Achill Island bash (or where ever it's to be held next year) ? & is it to be as wet and windy as Achill ? if so my tenty stays at home :spitfire

Hi Atrocity. :thumb

Yes, the Donegal event will be in addition to the summer 2007 weekend (location as yet undecided).

Given the unpredictability of the Donegal weather :eek: and that B&B costs only €30 per night, it would be better to leave the tent at home. :confused:

Look forward to seeing you there. :thumb :)

Aidan1150 said:
Val, your best options are probably to sail Fishguard/Rosslare or Holyhead/Dublin. Link here to Irish Ferries and here for Stena timetables.

Lots of us over here use Nutt Travel who consistently beat the web prices quoted by the ferry companies. Give them a ring. :thumb

it's a good way to see Ireland approx 250 miles from Rosslare. Should be fun, I'm up for this as well.

Wow I just joined the forum picked up me 6 month old 1200 Adventure today and find a post about Ramelton. My wedding reception was a Rathmullen just down the road.

What a small world :cool:

I'll needto check my shift pattern,but i may be ok.2 points though,how much accomodation is available as i don't do camping and what sort of terrain for the rideout,as i have 17" ST wheels on my GS ?

Dee Tee said:
I'll needto check my shift pattern,but i may be ok.2 points though,how much accomodation is available as i don't do camping and what sort of terrain for the rideout,as i have 17" ST wheels on my GS ?

The Lennon Lodge can accommodate about 35 in total DT. The rooms are set out in varying combinations of doubles, twins etc.

The main rideout will be a road ride through some wonderful scenery on great GS roads. :cool: It's also looking like Sugarcube will be taking a group off-road if there is sufficient interest.

Hope to see you there. :thumb

Aidan1150 said:
It's also looking like Sugarcube will be taking a group off-road if there is sufficient interest.

And there will be. :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :D :D :clap :clap :hapybnce:

Sounds good

Having never been to Ireland, I might be up for this. Will need to convince the wife though, but I have plenty of time.

I will make it a scientific expedition to see if the beer is any good! :rolleyes:

Will report back.

Bob

Good man Bob. :thumb Take herself along too, or get her a cheap flight to Derry airport and pick her up there.

The Lennon Lodge can accommodate about 35 in total DT. The rooms are set out in varying combinations of doubles, twins etc.

Hi Aidan, how do we go about booking accomodation, do we PM you for group price or just contact Lennon Lodge ?

It's also looking like Sugarcube will be taking a group off-road if there is sufficient interest.
:thumb
Yip.:thumb

Howya Daithi bye.

Ring Seamus in the LL direct and book your room. It's just €30 per night B&B.

You're going to love the tracks in Donegal bye. :bounce1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom