Mapsource For Dummies: Part Two - Creating Routes

I'm following your instructions and all is well except that when I view my route (in yellow with arrows) I can't seem to get those elastic lines in order to change the route to different roads? Tried, tried and tried again but all I'm getting when I select a road and trying to drag it is a square box. I had the elastic lines once but no matter what I do to repeat it it doesn't work?

What am I doing wrong?

MapsourceChangingRoute.jpg

Route Editing

If you're getting a box it's because you're not clicking and releasing. When you release, two black lines from the outer part of the route appears and you can move and click to a different segment.

JB

POI's

First off, your tips for making routes etc, are fantastic. I had a Rider before this which was simple. The zumo by comparison was a nightmare.
Not any more!
Now I have mastered the basics, can I also show POi's along the routes I create.
I'm off to Europe in June and it would be very useful if I knew where the fuel stop, ATM campsite was inrelation to my chosen routes. :thumb

Now I have mastered the basics, can I also show POi's along the routes I create.
On the Zumo itself: See page 19 of the manual.

Not sure if it's really relevant or possible in in Mapsource as you're not going to have all your custom POIs loaded in the session you have running for your route planning.

Just like to give a big thank you to Whatton for these tutorials :bow Had my Zumo220 for a week and off to France tomorrow :Motomartin

Dick

Just registered with this site and did a very simple test route then downloaded this to my Garmin 2610. (2009 City Navigator) Seems to work OK! Thanks Jan.

Next question. Will it work with Open Street Map?

May have spoken too soon. Tried downloading an Openstreetmap map of Morocco onto the 2610. Then did a test route from Ceuta to a place in the interior. The route came out fine on the map on the tourstart website anmd transferred to the 2610 OK. However, I'd need a plane to do it as it came out "as the crow flies".

Will keep on trying and poswt here if a solution occurs.

Back
Top Bottom