Mapsource For Dummies: Part Three - Transferring Maps to your GPS

Hi Whatton - I had done that. It looks like i've got a 'one-off'. Thanks for your help anyway, appreciated. Neil :beerjug:

tyronem said:
Don't DO IT, you will loose CNV8. Ty

Cheers, that was what I was waiting for :clap
I think ill leave it. Roads (2720)for my Bike and Car and contours (60CS) for my hill/mountain expeditions

Thanks TY :thumb
Nige

Kev thanks for this. But seeing as how I'm a complete numpty when it comes to this kind of thing - when you transfer your maps from the pc to the GPS (in my case a Streetpilot iii Colourmap) does it transfer to the actual GPS unit or the Garmin data card?
I tried to upload maps today and it took over three hours, which was fine, just left it to get on, but I don't know if the stuff is on the card or in the unit itself. My old Garmin V had a very small amount of internal memory, but I don't know if the SPiii has.
Can you enlighten me some more, kind sir? :thumb

map set transfer

Can anyone please tell me were i am going wrong.I have down loaded the speed camera data base ok but when i transfer the map set and the data base to the unit i get a message "the map set is approximately153.9mb, but only 244.5mb is available in the destination. please choose a smaller map set and try again".Now i may be thick but i think 159 into 244 does go. Can someone please help.

map set transfer

Its ok i have found out what the fault was. I took the card out of the device and put into my card reader slot to get the formating info ie FAT and found that it did not come up in "my computer". So i restarted pc and reinserted card this read ok so replaced card in device and transfered ok. Sorry to fall for such a simple fault but this may be of some use to someone.
thanks for all the help and links

I cannot send my my routes to my device when I connect it to the serial port. I used to work but now all I get is a message saying it cannot find device. The maps are sent ok using the USB port....I have tried using the meue bar and the symbol, disconnected the serial port connection rebooted pc...Help

"Make sure that there’s a tick next to “Include Route Calculation Data” at the bottom of the list…"

when i try to do this it wont let me tick the box ... :thedummy
by the way the mapsource for dummies is the bollox thanks... has helped big time :beerjug:

"Make sure that there’s a tick next to “Include Route Calculation Data” at the bottom of the list…"

when i try to do this it wont let me tick the box ... :thedummy
by the way the mapsource for dummies is the bollox thanks... has helped big time :beerjug:

Are you sure you've selected some of the mapping tiles (they turn pink when selected). The box is only available when you have maps selected and in the list above the tick box.

What map set/product are you using? Some mapping hasn't got autoroute ability (Garmin Worldmap for instance)

ive just had another go and no its not working:(
and yes i did have some maps selected, ive got city nav nt and a 60csx
many thanks whatton

:D Have a look at the picture below. You need a tick next to "Veiw" :thumb

I have a tick next to "View", but I haven't got the drop down box. I've just put v9 on and I think I had it before with v8. Incidentally, I have the Tossers POI file on the computer, how does that get onto the drop down box, is it automatic???

I have a tick next to "View", but I haven't got the drop down box. I've just put v9 on and I think I had it before with v8. Incidentally, I have the Tossers POI file on the computer, how does that get onto the drop down box, is it automatic???

Whatton is sitting in an Irish pub at the moment... on the way back from the sand up your bum tour:D so an answer from him may take another day or two:aidan :aidan

Ping :confused:

I have to admit defeat on this, I don't know why you've lost the map view drop down list. What version of Mapsource are you using? (Go to "Help" then select "About Mapsource" and it will tell you in the pop up box that appears)

Version 9, just received and downloaded. It works OK, but as I say, I don't have the drop down box, so I'm at a loss how to use the POI files?

Version 9, just received and downloaded. It works OK, but as I say, I don't have the drop down box, so I'm at a loss how to use the POI files?

V9 is the version of the mapping, I asked what version of Mapsource you were using.

Read my post again :thumb2

It seems youn only get the drop down box if you have more than one mapping product. I was running mapsource with V8 citynavigator installed and no drop down box. I added v9 and got the drop down box.

Back
Top Bottom