Paralever Register - Your PHOTOS please

There are a lot of differing opinions on this, but I got some Hyperpro springs put in to my g/s forks and they made a noticeable difference, which I thought was worth the money.

Depends what you want:)
I got a set of yolks from bmwboxersupplies. Could not describe them as cheap, but do the job nicely:thumb2
Well I bought the forks with the yolks so I'm still hopeful that they might work if not I'll sell them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you revert to the original forks I would go for a revalve with race tech gold valve emulators and news springs. Significantly improve things. Do not get sucked into the progressive spring hype, load of tosh. On the brakes.....IF yo stay with the original forks go for a larger rota rather than clipper first. Kits available from various sources. Has much more impact.....take it from one who has been down many roads in the search of a better result.

I suppose I should then...

79648438-L.jpg

A 1993 Standard R100GS, rebuilt in the guise of a GS-PD Classic.

The bike came into my posession with the following work done:
Stainless braided hoses and all parts renewed.
Progressive Forks fitted
New Hagon Shock
Wunderlich seat
Touratech lowered pegs
Touratech Road Book (now removed)
New PD tank
Touratech Tank Bag with 'Elephant Ears'
New fairing
New lower fairing deflector thing (bra)!
Relocated oil cooler and new stainless pipes
Chrome crashbars
BMW toolkit
Rewired
Cray Stage 1 'fast road' engine tuning = gas flowed/new 'squish' combustion
chamber/ twin plugged
K&N air filters
New ignition system
Stainless fittings throughout
Bash Plate
New clutch
New drive shaft bearings and seals
New cables
Rebuilt carbs
New speedo - mileage now 5k since rebuild. New screen
Everything powder coated
New rubber pipes and bits - fuel, grips etc
New Hepco & Becker expeditionally cases and bags
GPS V plus Touratech fittings (now sold)
New heated grips
Replaced cylinder head covers - classic style.
Autocom Pro-M1 with Icom Radio (for Bike2Bike)

In my ownership I have:
Fitted 4-pot (K1100) caliper
Fitted Streetpilot 2610
Uprated front suspension to suit riders sumptuous frame
Ohlins Rear Shock Absorber -----"------------"---------
Touratech Handguards
Took off Hepco & Becker Expedition Panniers
Fitted Touratech Zega Panniers
Removed Touratech Zega Panniers!!
Fitted (and since removed due to power drain) Hella DE Fogs
Added Single Seat and enduro Rack
(though now currently running with Corbin Dual Seat in Touring mode)
Latest Addition Dakar Leather top box & GPSmap 60CS (you can't have too many GPS's) :D
Awaiting another set of Touratech Zega panniers having decided they are the ones for this bike.

It can get dirty too :thumb

imag00070bh.jpg

Or wet

IMG_1161.jpg

Okehampton Moor land ring road if I am correct! A great 7 mile loop sadly now closed sadly

Hi everyone,

Just finished the restoration of my 92 R80GS. It was an import from Germany but has been off the road for over 10 years now. Fortunately the original owner had taken really excellent care of it for most of its life so it was in good mechanical condition and all I needed to do to get it running was rebuild the carbs, fix an oil leak and replace the fluids.

However in between the original owner and when I bought it someone had repainted it badly, taken the original front fairing, chopped it around and installed a cheap headlight and indicator set. So I picked up the Siebenrock replacement headlight pod, a new Acewell speedo and sourced a few second-hand parts from Motorworks to turn it into a something close to an R80 basic. There was also some tricky wiring to add controls for the heated grips and the running lights.

Finally had the new paint job done by LV Customs in South London, using the correct Motorsport colours, which turned out beautifully.

I still want to remove the pulse air system does anyone have experience at doing that?

Cheers,

Joe

48066234976_c2759d2852_k.jpg

48066235501_345e2ec091_k.jpg

48066285868_35150341ad_k.jpg

Just seen the post Joe and what a lovely job you have done. Nice one.

There's a thread or two about pulse air system removal. It's recommended and easy, motorworks can supply the blanking plugs which are two timing inspection plugs and two gearbox filler bolts if I rightly recall and screws for the vacuum connection to carb.

Bought this recently through a friend, who's on this site, who knew the owner
My second Airhead after finding a decent R90S in Cumbria last December. But more of that anon...

Most of the painty bits have been redone but I never found out whether there was much done with engine, gearbox or FD. Nice clean bike though & rides well. For a 28 year old bike :rob
Brought it home, re-registered it & had the fluids changed & the carbs, valves, etc checked. It's now ready for a few weeks bimbling around France which will hopefully give me some better pictures
I bought a high mudguard & am waiting on the deflector / windscreen that you see on some of the GS's instead of that plastic barn door

Untitled by Jochen Riehn, on Flickr

Untitled by Jochen Riehn, on Flickr

It's not my garden so feck off about the weeds, the cracks, the cat....:p

I prefer the look of them without the flyscreen, although i fitted a Wunderlich adjustable screen instead. I might sell the old girl when I get back from holiday in a couple of weeks. I need some cash for another project.

Attachments

• DSC_0002_29.jpg
    DSC_0002_29.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 767
45b3455ce22f63e8df39f6841cf6826b.jpg
5be20bd1e32260d0c4f98ae0358a411d.jpg

My R80GS in Irish Racing Green on St Patricks day. Top shot of vodoo bike R100r and my gs on Bonneville Flats, omey island. Gs took a bit of work and money but now running very sweet

Well I finally got my 800 GS UK registered so I am on the road and thought I should add it to the register.
Bike is a 1988 model. Believed to be a U.K. model exported to Canada at some point and bought by my brother in Calgary. It has a few alterations, GPS speedo, Works performance rear shock and Hyperpro springs in the front.
Runs great though does prove reluctant to start when not used for a few days and the temperature is cool but I will figure that out in due course as busy riding and getting to know it
96b8b0b3027cec65edd5e03b0224a58d.jpg
d8bc32865111ce5f6a529b15c420bf2e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never normally bothering to take photos I thought a bit of Nth Wales sun and my 80gs fettled by Mikey looked cheery taken in the empty carpark at Penmaenmawr

Attachments

• IMG_0951b.JPG
    IMG_0951b.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_0947c.JPG
    IMG_0947c.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 615
Elspeth Beard ????

Bob.

Bob, well done. She led a female-only ride out one sunny Sunday. Imagine my surprise when I popped into a cafe/restaurant near Bruton two find myself the only male amongst 70-80 biker chics. Got my selfie. Bought my paralever shortly after! I'd better leave a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_7448.jpg
    IMG_7448.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 415
Here's mine. 1994 import from Germany with 22,000 km on the clock. Now has UK headlamp and speedo. Fitted it out with Jesse panniers and H.E front brake with Goodridge SS hose. I now have a front brake!!! Looking for a single seat and rack next.

This was post 35 on this thread in 2007.

!3 years later looking even better. Ditched the Jesse panniers and put the originals back on. Look better. Many £s later. :D

Attachments

• Bike2.jpg
    Bike2.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 427

Back
Top Bottom