Gathering Of The Clans

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
Aidan1150 said:
You going to this one too then Dave? It's promises to be one of the top UKGSer events next year. :cool:

I think it may clash with the English National Rally (road riding navigational rally rather than a piss up) in which case I'm not sure what I'll be doing :nenau and the following weekend I'm off to a French BMW Club's rally in Belgium (one of my Belgium mates is in the french club and holds a rally in the Ardennes) and I could do with a week or so in Europe sometime around June or July - too much choice ;)

Dave

Ronnie,
You know Caroline and I don't need much of an excuse to come up, having been twice this year so far and coming again in 2 weeks, but at the moment June is too far ahead to plan.
On our June trip this year we actually had lunch in that hotel, top place.
If we don't make it, have a great time. :beerjug:

Mike.

Ronno has picked a good site - as "Bumble Bee" (Ron) has already said, the Scottish Section of the BMW Club was there in June this year.

A few photos to whet your appetites below, that's "Bumble Bee's" bike by the way.

I won't book as I am hoping to be in Sweden (on the GS) then. However, if the dates don't clash I'll join in for the ride-out.

Have a good visit.

Voyager :thumb

Attachments

• DSCN1522A.jpg
    DSCN1522A.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 484
  • DSCN1525A.jpg
    DSCN1525A.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 466
  • DSCN1538A.jpg
    DSCN1538A.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 442
  • DSCN1531A.jpg
    DSCN1531A.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 435
Here are some more pics of the area and hotel. I did this report when I was up to do the recce earlier in the year.

Glen Clova

Hopefully, along with Voyagers' pics, this will give you an idea of what you can expect if you attend :thumb

sillymoo said:
Yes - we know you can blether and bevvy with the best :D

Thanks moo :eek:

sillymoo said:
TT too this year me dear? lots of blethering and bevvying to be had

Hoping to make the TT too, depends if I can rebuild my Triton Special built in time.

:cool:

sillymoo said:
HI Ronno,
Dermot and I would love to be there....would like to book a tent space (provisional....VERY provisional). Our only prob may be that I am planning (with me mate George (ina)) a trip over to attempt the West Highland Way --(as you know) at the beginning of the month of June (well, last week in May) and then we'll be off for TT week. :D ...........is a tentative booking OK??? for now??? I won't book a room as I don't want to take up a space that someone else could have. My mate Cath will be able to have my boy ---but its more the expense of the boat over etc.

Put me down for a double tent space and can I let you know nearer the time. I haven't been to that part of the world since my sis lived in Dundee!! I was about 10, I think! I remember going to Glen Clova.....wow that brings back memories!

ta Ronno,
Moo

Hi Moo,

No problem in principle just now but I might need a definite yes or no sometime in the near future if interest in this event continues the way it's been going so far. Hope you understand. That's the problem with keeping it to a fairly small number of attendees.

Hope you and Dermot can make it though... :thumb

Ronno

James Burton said:
Can i at least express an interest in going before you start taking the piss :cool:
No.

But I do hope to see you there James.

Whatton said:
We're both very keen about this gathering clams weekend. We asked for the bunkhouse so we could cook them ourselves in the kitchen after we'd gathered them :thumb

No i know why people take the piss , how gay are you :ymca

Anyway , clam gathering is dangerous , thousands of Chinese die every year at Morcombe :(

Hi Ronno - can you add my name to the list. Probably camping but will look out other alternatives... I'm sure Den knows a nice little off road route around Kirremuir too... :nenau

AndyT

Lippy an Me

Sue and I would be very interested provisionally (camping) as we may
Have to back out at short notice (My mum is very ill) the only
Question lippy wants to use her own bike Divvy 600 any problems with that?

Ian and Lippy

Ian / Lippy, come on any bike you like.
Hope things improve with your mum.

Ronnie - pencil me in for a bed in the bunkhoose. Anyone in the same room will need earplugs though.

Who is bringing the breathalyser for the 'morning after'? :eek: :nenau

Kai

SpyInTheCamp said:
Ronnie - pencil me in for a bed in the bunkhoose. Anyone in the same room will need earplugs though.

Who is bringing the breathalyser for the 'morning after'? :eek: :nenau

Kai

Pencilled in as requested. :thumb

Gathering

My Annual Leave starts that day.... :bounce1
Can think of a lot worse ways to kick it off than slavering over a pint to you tossers and having a ride on ma bike... :clap
Put ma name doon fur a pitch (staggering distance fi the Pub)

Ali :thumb

Yogi Bear said:
My Annual Leave starts that day.... :bounce1
Can think of a lot worse ways to kick it off than slavering over a pint to you tossers and having a ride on ma bike... :clap
Put ma name doon fur a pitch (staggering distance fi the Pub)

Ali :thumb

Your smarter than the average bear :thumb

Back
Top Bottom