To Tiffany C: news from Argentina

Warthog

Reaction score
Reliving bike trips whilst sat at my desk....
Hello Tiffany,

We've not met, but I've been a ukGSer for a while now. Must say I'm very impressed by your exploits. I think your signature "trying to be a biker" has been acheived some time ago. Presently, I am travelling on my R1150 SG through Argentina and Chile, with my other half, Kristina, as pillion. I am writing as we have jus spent the night at a camping site in Perito Moreno, owned by a real character called Raul. We noticed your entry in his visitors book and the name looked familiar as we had both looked at you travel pics a little while before travelling. Personally, we have opted to leave the bike safely parked whilst we explore the Ruta 40 and south by bus. A bit of a cop out, but given we have already done 600km of ripio, we both know it can be done, but decided that this road, with wind and huge stones, just was not worth the time it would take us, nor, more importantly the risk to life and limb and frayed nerves that would follow!! Either way, hats off to you for doing what we decided to avoid!! I must confess that my bike, fully laden and riders on, is unpleasantly heavy at 450kg and I have often wished I had chosen a lighter model such as the R80 GS, as you have: a bit of shopping may be in order, once back in Blighty.

Intro's aside the reason for this message was that Raul had fond memories of your visit and was very pleased when we offered to send you his regards through ukGSer, so here they are: all the very best, health and happiness from Raul of Raul's mini camping, Perito Moreno, Santa Cruz, Arg!!

All the best, and perhaps we will meet one day and you can share pointers for our next trip, wherever that is!

Regards, Nick (Warthog)

errr, not usually this slow

...to respond
but I hadn't looked at this section for ages.
Thanks for your message and for passing on Raul's greetings- it's always good to hear from others who are travelling.

where are you both now?

cheers
Tiffany

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom