The Moo

Reaction score
So...its been done! :D We did it.:D :D .......is it to be done again???:D :D :D

Hmmmm!:nenau

Lessons to be learned; more fantastic people to persuade; Hmmmmm.........will the challenge be taken up again????

I wonder????

:)

So...its been done! :D We did it.:D :D .......is it to be done again???:D :D :D

Hmmmm!:nenau

Lessons to be learned; more fantastic people to persuade; Hmmmmm.........will the challenge be taken up again????

I wonder????

Hi Amy,

As far as I know, I am unaware of it being repeated this year, though I was being pushed by BCC to do something again, when the final monies were being transferred.

Within the PWAB team it had been a one-off, to say that it could be done, bring boys and girls together by doing something very unique and lay claim to an unofficial record. The infrastructure and hard work has been done by the PWAB team and its in place (and archived), so at some point with 'new blood' it can be used or adapted to either repeat or adapt to another cause.

Maybe, if feeling is so strong by other 'heals on wheels' riders to repeat it, then I guess most of us would form again to help do it , but doing it the first time is what made it so very special.

As for me in 2007, I am supporting 2 or 3 children charities where its a life limiting condition.

Not sure what anybody else thinks of this suggestion but if we do another charity run, adopting the existing PWAB routes or altering it slightly, maybe we could donate the monies to a motorbike related charity or a service that bikers may need (god forbid) to use such as air ambulance, or maybe the RNLI for Bills ford runs ..... :)

I personally dont think we should adopt BCC as our charity for the next UKGSer organised event. They did very well out of us this year. Just my thoughts.

what do other forum members think ? :nenau

Do you think we should leave the event this year and use the time we have to plan forward for 2008 or do you want to run a UKGSer challenge charity event again year possibly timing it to finish once again at this years EM event.

Post your thoughts and suggestions here.

we could donate the monies to a motorbike related charity or a service that bikers may need (god forbid) to use such as air ambulance,

I personally dont think we should adopt BCC as our charity for the next UKGSer organised event. They did very well out of us this year. Just my thoughts.

what do other UKGSer forum members think ? :nenau

I think that coming from a woman that is a refreshing answer. I hate to say it but I work in an office with a 50/50 split and when ever there is any fund raising taking place it always seems to be for breast cancer never any mens health charities, and no its not always being done by women, for example we have a xmas tree that you buy tags for rather than sending everyone cards and breast cancer is always the suggested charity to benefit.
In the light of recent events I think the Air Ambulance is always a worthy organization for motorcyclists to support and raise money for.
I didnt have the time off work to get involved with the PWR but would like to help any further efforts.

Agreed :thumb

Air Ambulance/paramedics :thumb

But their again there,s plenty of worthy causes out there .....so :nenau

There's a good chance that there will be another big challenge going on through the year to do with the aftermath of the TITS scooter ride last year.

Things are rumbling ;)

There's a good chance that there will be another big challenge going on through the year to do with the aftermath of the TITS scooter ride last year.

Things are rumbling ;)

We could still run the The GSer 'Around Britain' event Fanum .... lets see what the Board thinks. I'm happy to go with either.

The hospital in Bansang is a cause close to alot of tossers hearts......:) :thumb

Well lets see .... :)

Riding bikes to S. Africa is not possible for all Tossers to do here Jaq's.

Which is why I made a suggestion to raise monies for Air Ambulance or similar. We could adapt the existing run to suit the cause.

Its just an idea to throw into the pot.

Having worked on the PWAB, I am now aware that several bike groups/teams are doing the same 'ride around britain challenge' in 2007.

To favour organisations, such as ACH (childrens hopice) or the Air Ambulance Trust you often have to dilute the funds raised which is then minimal or regionalise it against an event where you stand more chance of raising funds.

Taking the view that you can help a few, I am supporting 2 or 3 biker events where its a childrens 'hospice or life limiting condition'.

One decision at least is needed .. is this a general GSer charity event (such as Bansang which I gave scoots support to) or is it a girls GSer event ? :nenau

My own view on this is PWAB was a one-off and very difficult to emulate .. and its better to find something original which captures everyones interest and willingness to help.

BCC were 'over the moon' with the UKGSer efforts in 2006 both by challenge and monies raised and though they would like us to do more ... BCC may front something in 2008, this could be the largest gathering of girl bike riders (in teams) for a one day bike ride to raise awareness and funds, one suggested route is Paris to London

In another life:eek: I was a member of as group that raised moneys for charitable causes, in the end after lots of late nights about who to raise cash for, the decision was made that the only charities we would give money too, had to take less than 5% in administration costs, that certainly whittles them down a bit:thumb

Shep

Air ambulance would be a worthy cause but I think it would be better to spend this year off to organise an event for 2008 as Duchess suggested.

Having said that I would be happy to take part in whatever, whenever.

On another point, my mum, bless her, handed me £10 last week, which was a late donation from 2 of her friends for our PWAB in '06. What would be the best thing to do with it, apart from taking it to the rub a dub tonight.

:beer:

My own view on this is PWAB was a one-off and very difficult to emulate .. and its better to find something original which captures everyones interest and willingness to help.
We can put a twist on the PWAB idea. The bones are there to use and should be used again.

Whatever is chosen its a UKGSer event for GS riders ... not just the girls. Its a team effort. Always has been. I dont personally want to run in competition with another site Ram-man. I think BCC do very well without our aid. We can always go back to them another time I'm sure as we were so successful in 2006. We now have a good reputation with them.

I still think whatever is decided we should choose a bike related cause, diluted or not it'll make a difference I'm sure.

'Paris to London' sounds exciting but sounds very expensive too .... you'll need to make sure we have plenty of sponsorship to cover outlay of each rider. Nice idea though.

A celeb girl bike team ... show them where UKGSer is, we could do with more lady members here :)

edit: sorry, you've changed your post.

Which is why I made a suggestion to raise monies for Air Ambulance or similar. We could adapt the existing run to suit the cause.

QUOTE]

How about a route taking in the Air Ambulance station's as stop off/hand over points.

QUOTE]

How about a route taking in the Air Ambulance station's as stop off/hand over points.

That was an idea I thought would work and still keep it coastal but run the route in reverse maybe :nenau

Back
Top Bottom