On another point, my mum, bless her, handed me £10 last week, which was a late donation from 2 of her friends for our PWAB in '06. What would be the best thing to do with it, apart from taking it to the rub a dub tonight.

:augie

:eek:

I'm so sorry nobody's replied to you ... Let me get the details and contact numbers Tony I'll come back to you shortly.

I might nip down the Mitre & get spannered. Last time I was in there I ended up in the field on the corner, asleep.

:augie

Sounds like a plan :D

Well lets see .... :)

Riding bikes to S. Africa is not possible for all Tossers to do here Jaq's.

Which is why I made a suggestion to raise monies for Air Ambulance or similar. We could adapt the existing run to suit the cause.

Its just an idea to throw into the pot.

Kaz....:)......I didn't exactly mean to ride the bikes to Africa....although I'd jump straight in if it was!!.....but that Bansang would be a very good cause to raise money for.......:bounce1
P.S.....Oooh....just noticed the :cool: new smilies......:D :clap

If it's OK for me to say something???

I personally, would like to take part in a charity event . . . especially if it's for Air Ambulance . . . East Anglia have the East Anglian Air Ambulance, so if I took part or a gang from this part of the UK, it might be nice to donate something to them?

Also, I have read many of the posts here. One thing which I wanted to point out is that, although many of you here did the last event PWAB and want to push yourselves a bit further this time . . . . it may not be the best way to attract new comers such as myself to do an impossible amount of miles :( if you think back to how tough you guys must have found it last year, it might be worth bearing in mind for newbies??

Also, some rather ambitious peeps have suggested riding abroad etc . . . . . stuff like that costs individuals money, and on the wage I get, I wouldn't have a hope in taking part :(

I'd love to do my bit, as I'm sure many others would too . . . but if it's made too difficult, you may scare people off? :nenau just a thought.

But, if it is based on a 'do-able' basis, then I'm up for it :thumb2 :D

Shirley

I'd like to get involved with something again but do have to agree with Shirley, personal cost would be a great issue for me also time this year for me is already over committed (really do need to say no every now and then)

Would definately consider doing something to 2008

If it's OK for me to say something???

I personally, would like to take part in a charity event . . . especially if it's for Air Ambulance . . . East Anglia have the East Anglian Air Ambulance, so if I took part or a gang from this part of the UK, it might be nice to donate something to them?

Also, I have read many of the posts here. One thing which I wanted to point out is that, although many of you here did the last event PWAB and want to push yourselves a bit further this time . . . . it may not be the best way to attract new comers such as myself to do an impossible amount of miles :( if you think back to how tough you guys must have found it last year, it might be worth bearing in mind for newbies??

Also, some rather ambitious peeps have suggested riding abroad etc . . . . . stuff like that costs individuals money, and on the wage I get, I wouldn't have a hope in taking part :(

I'd love to do my bit, as I'm sure many others would too . . . but if it's made too difficult, you may scare people off? :nenau just a thought.

But, if it is based on a 'do-able' basis, then I'm up for it :thumb2 :D

Shirley

Hi Shirley,
Of Course you should have your say....your point is just as valid as anyone elses. :)

The point you make about personal cost is an extremely valid point. Dermot and I overextended ourselves last year financially and in the end I felt like a right winging cow asking for help with fuel...which never materialised in the end...as I was a little barrated for asking for it. :hide

Personal cost, along with other issues that you have raised ie long distances in the Scottish section being a HUGE concern....are all things that would put alot of people off (and I am sure it did in some cases!).

Say what you think...its people holding back that means that things like the costs etc can sometimes be pushed to one side "for the cause".

The personal cost to me was NOTHING compared to what I gained and how fantastic I felt having taken part ....BUT...for some the personal development that I went through just to do the ride (if you see what I mean) would not be as important as just taking part to raise needed funds for charitable organisations. ALOT of charitable events now ask people to raise funds up front for their personal costs so that more people can be involved.....some disagree with this...but it is an arguable point to think about for any future event.

I could prattle on ........:augie ...never one to shut the old mouth.......which gets me into trouble sometimes......:augie

Moo

PS Me too (and Derm) for 2008!!

A suggestion for the Charity www.motorcycleoutreach.org

It's one I actively support and it was created to continue Simon Milward's epic work.

BMW have supported them for Craig Carey-Clinch (not a bad director to have) and David French's (who is Irish) fact finding mission to the Gambia so it seems directly related to the club as well as biking more widely.

Just my 2p

ummm i know i am late to the thread and all, but can i join in, i mean can i be a part in this too? no bm though is that ok? i would love to be a prt of anything that comes about please

ta:)

Back
Top Bottom