Deadskin

Reaction score
Does anybody know what glue they use to stick the
sump guard bolts to the engine :confused:
one of mines dropped off :(
cheers
mark

Hi G

I thought they were sort of a rubber/plastic spacer with a bit of threaded rod in each side, as they are designed to break off in the event of a impact before they threaded hole in yer crankcase gets shagged

or I could be entirely wrong as I have never had them out to have a look

Is your torch, highlighting something?

Maybe you could re-phrase the question?

Or are you wondering whether the upper crash bar mount goes inside or outside of the frame strengthening spar? I put mine on the outside!

As for the sump guard bolts, on my bike they were held in place with Loctite. I ended up using a pair of vice locking pliers to hold the bottom and upper metal washer like thingys with the rubber inbetween and then with considerable force, undoing them.

Mick.

Gauloises

When one of mine sheared off leaving the threaded bit in the sump, I stuck it back with Isopon type stuff, which sticks practically anything to anything. Been like it for 20,000 miles now.

Mick :thumb

Writing as one who has never had the tank off, anyone want to tell me what all that stuff is. I recognise the battery, the rest is a mystery.

from the back forward:

Air Filter Box
Battery
ABS control Unit/Acutator
Motoronic Control Unit ( Engine management box)
Coils
Multi block connectors for switches/lights etc at front of bike

:shoot:

Feking mess

Good God what a feking mess I thought the krauts were tidy, totally unimpressed. The GS is going; I feel dupped, thought I was buying quality and engineering greatness, instead I'm feeling as though I've bought Mr Meccano set number three, with option plan two.

The Japs do mass centralisation, the Germans do mass mess.

Wake up everyone, its a tractor feking engine with two fuel squirters shoved on as a nod towards the 20th century. 2 spark plugs to ensure the squirty fuel thingy doesn't put the fire out. And best of all we pay extra to try and squeeze 2-3 bhp more out of the ancient lump. I bet Remus are laughing all the way to the bank.

Sorry if I offend thee but my GS still looks lovely so I guess I'll hang on to her a little while longer.

Re: Feking mess

The Mechanic said:

Wake up everyone, its a tractor feking engine with two fuel squirters shoved on as a nod towards the 20th century. 2 spark plugs to ensure the squirty fuel thingy doesn't put the fire out.

And when you reach the stage in life when you know what is important to you and your soul the GS has everything.

BEFORE that, we probably all have owned Jap bikes. Yawn.

Tim

Mick Fagan said:

As for the sump guard bolts, on my bike they were held in place with Loctite. I ended up using a pair of vice locking pliers to hold the bottom and upper metal washer like thingys with the rubber inbetween and then with considerable force, undoing them.

Mick.

Hi Mick
Spent £1.20 on a new sump guard bolt,
the old one came out fairly easy
Cheers for the tip
:beerjug:

Mark

Iv'e just sold a pair of my hexhead

Bought but never fitted ...

expensive feckers ;)

Back
Top Bottom