Can you fit a beak extension to a standard GS?

Noiseboy

Reaction score
Hi guys, am going to be buying a 650 Gs in the next month, but before I do just a couple of quick questions.

1. Can you fit a mudguard extension to a standard f650 gs or would I have to get hold of a new complete mudguard from a dakar?

2. For insurance purposes, is the 650 gs classed as a faired bike or not?

Cheers Guys:beerjug:

Hi guys, am going to be buying a 650 Gs in the next month, but before I do just a couple of quick questions.

1. Can you fit a mudguard extension to a standard f650 gs or would I have to get hold of a new complete mudguard from a dakar?

2. For insurance purposes, is the 650 gs classed as a faired bike or not?

Cheers Guys:beerjug:

You can get the Dakar beak from the dealers not to expencive if I recall and also a lower front mudguard kit not to expencive ether and stops some of the water being thrown up in the rain. Picture of my old GS with beak and mudguard fitted :thumb

Not sure about insurance was never asked, just told them it was a 650 GS:nenau

Attachments

• f650a (Medium)web.jpg
    f650a (Medium)web.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,445
Front beak extender is 3 bolts i think and about £10.00 from BMW

Lower Mudguard is about £70.00 form Touratech.

Touratech is the best one as it is lower than the others, Just fitted one to my sons Dakar.

Beak

Not shaw if you can get a Beak for 650GS after 2004 as l don't think 2004 on Daker has one. Asked about one today for my 04/05 Reg 650GS looked at New Daker it did not have one.

Mitch

Last edited:
The twinsparks (post 2004) cant get them unless you change the front fender for an older one of course;)

The twinsparks (post 2004) cant get them unless you change the front fender for an older one of course;)

That's because the "beak" shape is already moulded into the front "mudguard".

For insurance the F650GS is Unfaired.

Yesterday I picked of the beak extension. If you order one tell the dealer it's a Sertao. The extension doesnt show as a part for the G650. Fits perfectly, I just need to drill 2 holes for the bolts.
Why you might ask. Well I'm now on my 4th lower fender. 1st one bronke off in the first yr, dont know when where or why. Replaced under warrenty. 2nd one broke off last summer on a forest service road in Wyoming, washboard. I replaced it when I got home and the 3rd one broke off about a month later on another washboard road in Colorado. That one was replaced by BMW as possibly defective.
I decided to put on the extension, which is standard on the Sertao and is used instead of the lower fender. If the lower breaks off again it will stay off.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom