Weathers kinda nice - time to ride!

Has it been raining, never noticed :blast

How long ago was it the east coast got battered for 8 days solid ?? Part of the A93 got washed away along with the caravan park at Ballater ?? Anyway, that's how it felt this past week.
Quite ironic that the Scottish Fire and Rescue is directly opposite the caravan park. Lucky too.

Some roads are just a mess!

Attachments

• A1179309-CDD3-4025-A61B-B3F52100C240.jpeg
    A1179309-CDD3-4025-A61B-B3F52100C240.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 146
You still way oop north ? Thinking of heading up Sunday for a few days.

Yep. Still parked up on the old quayside in Kinlochbervie. :thumb2 Been here two days so far. Don’t feel the need to move just yet. May go down to Skye over the weekend. Possibly. :nenau

Furryboots Karel ?
On road around the B9134 on the old Brechin Road between Forfar and Brechin.
There is a section of road that has about 4-6" (c10cm) thick with mud.
There are "Police Slow" signs but the road is heavily contaminated, would be potentially lethal at night. Even cars were very cautious through it.
I had slowed right down but still lost the front trying to cross through it.
No real damage to the bike.

Where the photo is taken is actually out of the muddiest section!!

After a couple of hours aff road, lost, shitting myself, in the Torridon mountains this was a welcome shit back to civilization.

a74febe625a66b409086a3e5fe2a9519.jpg

Shame you ruined the picture with that scabby old bike in it! :green gri
Seriously though, where was that pic taken? :nenau

Veiw point across from Annat. The road through the Torridon mountains today with the Sunshine, the cloud and the autumn colours was as spectacular as I have ever witnessed anywhere.

Less scabby old bike in this one.

81066f7dd313b60d44eeadc9753758c3.jpg

Very watery! :thumb2

A lot of the reservoirs are quite empty considering all the rain lately.

A pair of nicely kitted out Africa Twins just rolled up at Staffin Harbour. Now setting their tents up on the grass. Perfect spot for a bit of wild camping. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom