IAM Assessment ride

I'll take you out for an 'unofficial' assessment ride if you want. Just PM me and we can arrange something.

I've been an IAM Member for 30 years (Car and Bike) and ride with Senior RoSPA Trainers every week, for nearly 10 years.

I'm not an instructor, as I'd rather not have the 'Associate' commitments.

But I'd be happy to see where you're at and point you in the right direction :thumb2

Wow, that is a kind offer. Thank you.

There is no “Fail or Pass” its do you meet the standard required ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, if you meet the required standard, you pass.
If you are not up to the required standard, you fail.

As in, you either pass the required standard, or fail to meet it.

Splitting hair’s, a standard is a standard end of. You either meet it or not. If you don’t then further guidance is required. Im only the messenger so don’t be aiming you gun at me.

They were going for an assessed ride, you go out for 90 minutes or so.

The observer follows you to see how you ride, then a quick chat then you swap, so the observer can give a 'flavour' of what advanced riding looks like.
Then usually over a coffee a chat about how things went.. I've certainly never done a hard sell with any demo drive I've done.

As for going for test, you don't pass or fail. You get recommended for membership, or not. Bugs the hell out of me, so 1950's.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Splitting hair’s, a standard is a standard end of. You either meet it or not. If you don’t then further guidance is required. Im only the messenger so don’t be aiming you gun at me.

As I understand it, they weren't going for test, it was a riding assessment à la Ridescotfree.

As I understand it, they weren't going for test, it was a riding assessment à la Ridescotfree.

Exactly what i was driving at. But hey ho you always get the odd argumentative sod who muddies the water. Im not posting any more on this subject. I’m not here to defend the IAM after all i resigned because of the direction they have taken over the last few years. Simply trying to explain how it works, but ive said my bit.

Wow, that is a kind offer. Thank you.

Go for it Simon, you have nothing to lose :thumb

Then we'll meet up and I'll have a ride out with you ... then you'll have everything to lose :D

:beerjug:

Then we'll meet up and I'll have a ride out with you ... then you'll have everything to lose :D

I shall have a heavystick to either leave with you, or beat you with, depending on the outcome!

Right, I've done my bit :D

It's now over to you :thumb2

Thanks very much to Steve for coming out today and giving me an insight into how I stack up in th egrand scheme of things. Actually, thinking about it, 'stack up' possibly isn't the best turn of phrase!

We had a steady ride along A roads and through some leafy B roads and then did some exploring along smaller, unclassified, or D roads covered in farmer hazards and fallen leaves. The natter stop was at the fabulous Rambler's Retreat in Dimmingsdale. Hot chocolate all round and apparently I didn't disgrace myself.

I can see a visit to the dark depths of Doncaster before long with a big stick. :thumb

Thanks very much to Steve for coming out today and giving me an insight into how I stack up in th egrand scheme of things. Actually, thinking about it, 'stack up' possibly isn't the best turn of phrase!

We had a steady ride along A roads and through some leafy B roads and then did some exploring along smaller, unclassified, or D roads covered in farmer hazards and fallen leaves. The natter stop was at the fabulous Rambler's Retreat in Dimmingsdale. Hot chocolate all round and apparently I didn't disgrace myself.

I can see a visit to the dark depths of Doncaster before long with a big stick. :thumb
Great to hear that an enjoyable time was had, it ain't rocket science .

You are very welcome, glad you enjoyed it :thumb2

Thanks very much to Steve for coming out today and giving me an insight into how I stack up in th egrand scheme of things.

I'm still up in Bonnie Scotland in the Camper .... Portsoy, the waves are rolling in just a few yards away :thumb2

We'll sort something out when I get home Simon ... I look forward to receiving that stick, one way or the other :D

Thanks for your input Steve (Warlord) :thumby:

I'm still up in Bonnie Scotland in the Camper .... Portsoy, the waves are rolling in just a few yards away :thumb2

We'll sort something out when I get home Simon ... I look forward to receiving that stick, one way or the other :D

Thanks for your input Steve (Warlord) :thumby:

I'm sorry I didn't get it to you in time to take with you.

If anyone visits IAM stand at Motorcycle live at Birmingham, Skill for Life package reduced to £99 from £129.

Thought the std price was £149.00 ? So if dropping to £99 that’s a good deal to be had

Back
Top Bottom