silicone spray

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
looking for a silicone spray for using on bike.Looked at muc off but everyone seems to knock there stuff.
Cheers

I like GT85

(EDITED: Although it's PTFE, not Silicone based)

I use SP-90, just because it was available at my local car factors.:thumb

Wurth 2040 or GT85, NEVER use WD40 as it damages wiring looms and swells rubber seals.

looking for a silicone spray for using on bike.Looked at muc off but everyone seems to knock there stuff.
Cheers

I have got muc-off silicone spray in the shed! Seems ok to me?

Over the years I've found that some silicone sprays are a spray on and don't touch it, others are a spray on and then need a wipe ... :thumb2

Silicone spray is just silicone spray. Buy whatever and whichever you fancy. Your bike will not die.

d35840a38dedce90af019bcf2674f27e.png

I have got muc-off silicone spray in the shed! Seems ok to me?

I do not believe you. If true, you are risking everything and will surely die. Your bike, too. I read it here, so it must be true.

PS I have used several Muc-off products for years, none of which have ever done me or my bikes any harm, simply by following the basic instructions. That latter well may well defeat many here and explain the problems they have heard about, which must be true.

I do not believe you. If true, you are risking everything and will surely die. Your bike, too. I read it here, so it must be true.

PS I have used several Muc-off products for years, none of which have ever done me or my bikes any harm, simply by following the basic instructions. That latter well may well defeat many here and explain the problems they have heard about, which must be true.

:D:D:D

I seem to recall BMW say don’t use Silicon spray on your bike - I think it can rot some of the rubber used in things like switches

Why doesn’t that surprise me ..!!

I’m sure Honda, KTM, Yamaha etc etc have made no such statement ..!!

Tesco's own bumper or dashboard shine is excellent :thumb

:beerjug:

Tesco's own bumper or dashboard shine is excellent :thumb

:beerjug:

We don’t know if the OP wants to shine his awesome or to use the silicone spray to lubricate his awesome. If it’s just to shine his bodywork’s plastics, I’d use Pledge.

We don’t know if the OP wants to shine his awesome or to use the silicone spray to lubricate his awesome. If it’s just to shine his bodywork’s plastics, I’d use Pledge.

To shine my awesome :D

To shine my awesome :D

Then I’d use Pledge, without a doubt, especially on the body plastics. It does what it says on the tin, nothing more, nothing less. Just apply it exactly as it says on the very basic instructions.

Dealerships use it to keep their awesomes shining and on public display. They know it works and they know it is cheap in Tesco.

Then I’d use Pledge, without a doubt, especially on the body plastics. It does what it says on the tin, nothing more, nothing less. Just apply it exactly as it says on the very basic instructions.

Dealerships use it to keep their awesomes shining and on public display. They know it works and they know it is cheap in Tesco.

Lemon pledge?

Pledge, nothing beats it apart from a quality spit and polish.

Back
Top Bottom