Sena 30K Mesh

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just upgraded from the Sena 20S Evo to the Sena 30K. I updated my TFT software and the 20s developed a clicking interference noise. But thats another story....
Anyway. The 20s worked great, and particularly the bike to bike comms. The new 30K has mesh. But in the real world, what is it ? And how is it better ? Anyone use it ? I understand the up to 16 riders can connect and that it reconnects etc, but so did the 20s, although only up to 8 riders .......

Attachments

• 58377572_1807999495968624_9207284158810816512_n.jpg
    58377572_1807999495968624_9207284158810816512_n.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 275
Clicking, interference you say?? Disconnected all my BT pairings off the TFT a while ago, I find it easier to just use the jog wheel. Anyway, decided to re pair today with my Sena SRL and got a lot of annoying clicking/interference whilst trying to listen to music. Has there been an issue I’ve missed? Gone back to the old fashioned way for now but would like to get it sorted if there’s a problem.

My mate bought a new 1250. And I got the latest 19 TFT software. He told me about a clicking noise. And after the update I had the same. The only other thing we had in common was the 20s evo. So I bought the 30k and it has sorted the issue. The clicking noise I can describe as the sort of noise your old car radio made from interference from the engine electrics.

Yep that’s it. SRL is basically a 20s. F***ing annoying.

Furious. But just swallowed it. I was the Guinea pig for my mate. If it didn't solve the problem ......

Ive just picked up a 30k too

Like wise ive heard mesh is menat to be the bees knees

basically its a conection to a conection to a connection to a connection etc etc

Each connection is a mesh unit, and you supposedly can have up to a hundred odd in a group,

But you only connect to one at one time as the next person connects to the next and so on if that makes sense

But if you are only connecting two or three would you use mesh or the BT ?

But if you are only connecting two or three would you use mesh or the BT ?

?? I'd go with mesh

Ryan did a review
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-AMoXbXHALc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I ony went for it beacuse i wanted BT4.0 and longer battery life ;) and it was less likely to fall off with my stumpty mitts lol

Clicking, interference you say?? Disconnected all my BT pairings off the TFT a while ago, I find it easier to just use the jog wheel. Anyway, decided to re pair today with my Sena SRL and got a lot of annoying clicking/interference whilst trying to listen to music. Has there been an issue I’ve missed? Gone back to the old fashioned way for now but would like to get it sorted if there’s a problem.

I was thinking of going the SRL route (because of clicking) with a new helmet but now having second thoughts after your post.

I have just had the same issue but I pushed the bike out of the garage and it went away. It's obviously something in the garage causing the interference.

Apparently from mother ship its interference from the canbus. BMW are aware of it.

Back
Top Bottom