Easter Wander 2014 - Vianden - 17-21 April

I went to the 'ring one Easter.... It snowed! They closed it, so we went go-karting instead.

The next day it rained all day but the full circuit was open. We had it to ourselves.

Ill give you a thirty second head start ..... :D

I have checked the Ring calender and at the moment, the 'tourist days' (pay per lap) have not been announced. I'm guessing that you're unlikely to get track time over the Easter Weekend - there's stuff happening that weekend on some of the other parts of the circuit, but nothing up yet for the Nordschleife ..... (could make a good day out if they did stick a public day in on the Saturday .... :thumb2)

Lovely road from Vianden up to Adenau & the Ring - up & down and round & round - makes for a good ride out

Ill give you a thirty second head start ..... :D

Me? I'm going up to Spa. We set off to go there on a previous Easter jaunt to Vianden but it snowed (a bit of a theme emerging here) so we turned around and had lunch instead.

There is a good motor museum in the crypt of the church in Stavelot and a few nice cafes across the road

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm loving the theme of previous trips; "We were going to do X but it snowed so we did Y instead."

I reckon Giles might give me a run for my money round the 'Ring if he gave me a 30-second head start. (If he was on his bike and I was jogging.)

I'm always happy to ride alone or in smaller groups, or just agree meeting points/destinations and meet up there.

I reckon Giles might give me a run for my money round the 'Ring if he gave me a 30-second head start. (If he was on his bike and I was jogging.).
All this talk of the Ring makes me wish that I was going with you all... :blast

Two months to go.

This morning, I re-confirmed our bookings at both hotels.

1.Wapping
2. NeilDD
3. Ianjnk
4. RTosser
5. Homer1968
6. Stuart Daniels (via another site)
7. Peter (friend of Stuart Daniels, via another site)
8. Robin
9. Denz0
10. North London Cookie

11. dxtans (Mr and Mrs) (double)
12. Alleycam (Mr and Mrs) (double)
13. Giles (Mr and Mrs) (double)

13 bikes - 16 bods

I have secured ALL our rooms, in St Omer for the first night and in Vianden, with my credit card, in good faith that everyone is coming and is going to turn up on the day. It's obvious to anyone that we are taking a lot of rooms at a busy time of year.

I have asked the Ibis hotel at St Omer to reserve us the whole of the undercover area by the main gate. Several of you are going over early, please try to make sure we have got it and try to leave enough space for us all to get in. We will obviously have to be careful not to get boxed in by other bikers not connected with us (some are not the brightest shillings in the box, believe it or not) as it screws up our departure. Let's try to be sensible. It's a popular enough hotel, particularly at Easter. I will be very surprised if we are the only guests there.

In all probability we will not all get our bikes into the garage at Vianden, I will see what I can do. It's a quiet town, so I am more than happy to leave my bike outside. Similarly in St Omer too, if push comes to shove.

It would be handy to know who is crossing over on what train, not least as you can look out for fellow Tossers. At the moment I am still booked out on the 18:36 train on the Thursday. Depending on how things go at work I may well try to get myself onto an earlier train, as I suspect the office will be closing early. WATCH THIS SPACE.

Anyway, if those bods going over earlier want to go out and get something to eat before the rest of us (or me) trundles into view, don't hesitate. Most people know there is a decent selection of bars and restaurants down on the main square, two minutes walk from the Ibis. Nobody need starve. Just gang up with your fellow Tossers and find nose bag, is my suggestion.

We have a good sized group which is great. It will though slow fuel, coffee and lunch stops. I am still planning to stop in Chimay on the way out, for lunch. It might well be an idea to break the group in half to ride / have lunch etc and / or if anyone wants to do their own thing I won't be offended. Similarly on the days out when we are in Vianden.

I have roughed out GPS routes, there back and with suggestions for the days out, which I will circulate to everyone.

I think it would be polite to have at least one evening meal at our host hotel in Vianden, all together. The restaurant (as fellows have been before know) is OK and not a bad price, on a par with the rest of the town, for sure. But again, if bods want to do their own stuff, it's fine with me.

It's a decent schlep on the way back to Calais from Vianden (longer than the way down) but we have done it several times. It does though mean we need to get cracking, preferably a bit before 09:00 if possible.

More nearer the time. Any problems, questions or ideas.... Sing up!

Richard

Looking good. Once I know which train Robin is on .... I'll book mine .... :D

Updated list:

1.Wapping
2. NeilDD
3. Ianjnk
4. RTosser
5. Homer1968
6. Stuart Daniels (via another site)
7. Peter (friend of Stuart Daniels, via another site)
8. Robin
9. Denz0
10. North London Cookie

11. dxtans (Mr and Mrs) (double)
12. Alleycam (Mr and Mrs) (double)

12 bikes - 14 bods

I have ONE double room spare.

Aaaarrrggghhhhh ... !!!

Planning trips is a bloody nightmare - sometimes it's like herding cats! And I know exactly what it's like! Well this time it's me that's buggering the organiser about and I have to pull out, and I know that from an organisers point of view some people are just a pain in the arse :D

I shan't bore you with the reasons, bit we just can't get away any more. So yes, double room going spare - If anybody has a coupley friend that they think would fit the bill then sing up .... :thumb2

(Sorry Trixie ... :blast)

Aaaarrrggghhhhh ... !!!

Planning trips is a bloody nightmare - sometimes it's like herding cats! And I know exactly what it's like! Well this time it's me that's buggering the organiser about and I have to pull out, and I know that from an organisers point of view some people are just a pain in the arse :D

I shan't bore you with the reasons, bit we just can't get away any more. So yes, double room going spare - If anybody has a coupley friend that they think would fit the bill then sing up .... :thumb2

(Sorry Trixie ... :blast)

Sorry to hear that, hope it's not permanent

No no ... it's elderly parents that need babysitting and kids that have hospital operations etc !! :rolleyes:

heh heh ... I've still got one from corsica (sept 2013) to do ... :rolleyes:

Richard

If the room is available then I will take it.

If it can be converted to single then great - if not I will pay for the double.

Means I can get double breakfast

Karl

Good man. I can stop feeling guilty now ...!!

Back
Top Bottom