GT Air 2

I had one, and took it back, as the wind noise was terrible. I came from a GT Air, and found that the GT Air has a much plusher lining, and is a lot quieter. The only benefit to the 2 is the larger drop down sun visor, but as the outer shell is very similar, I’m still thinking of taking a punt and ordering a larger sun visor to fit inside.

If you can find any of the original GT Air in stock, in a colour you like, save your money and go for one of them. :thumb

I’ve got the original GT Air and it’s a great lid, pretty quiet apart from with the top vent open which makes a bit of noise

The sun visor is fine for me though some find it a bit short, I guess it depends on the shape of your swede, the helmet sits nice and low on my brow

It's a bit heavy.
I find the strap (on the ratchet side) a bit short which makes gripping it to pull it onto your bonce a bit awkward.

For some reason, with the visor in the cracked position, I'm getting strange sounds in the helmet.........kinda like its haunted.

Opening the visor from the cracked position takes a fair shove.

But.....

It fits beautifully and is oozing with the usual Shoei quality.

Sent from a U11

Happy with mine too, slightly heavier than my previous helmet but very comfy and quiet :thumb

I had a GT Air

I hated it. It was noisy, draughty and leaked in the rain and the worst bit was the steaming up of my specs.

Everyone i know who has a GT air has the same issues with steaming up and i seem to recall there were a few posts on here about it and although i cant comment on the GT air 2 i would be cautious if you wear specs

Ok so the majority seem to be against the GT AIR 2 so which lid would you choose that is no more expensive that £400.?

i still wear my old GT Air occasionally but as RedRick said above, the glasses streaming up thing is a pain. So most of the time, I've gone back to wearing an Arai Tour-X 4. I've also taken to wearing my very old, original Arai Tour-X when I'm bimbling around on the X-Country.

I had a GT Air

I hated it. It was noisy, draughty and leaked in the rain and the worst bit was the steaming up of my specs.

Everyone i know who has a GT air has the same issues with steaming up and i seem to recall there were a few posts on here about it and although i cant comment on the GT air 2 i would be cautious if you wear specs

I just spray anti fog spray on my bins if it’s raining. Then the fogging is a non issue. ;)

Have you considered a Nexx? https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/2805 Pretty much the same as the Touratech lid but with a drop down sunvisor and a bit cheaper.

No i hadn't considered them. Im erring on the side of the bargain that the Shark lids are going for just now. With the £25 discount applicable today only they would be a steal at £225 delivered, im thinking. Just need someonreto tell me if they fit as well as a Shoei. I tend to get quite severe headaches if a lid doesnt fit just quite right. Once had to sell a brand new Shuberth C2 because it gave me headaches after just an hour.

have a watch of this, just an opnion but worth the watch
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LcbWohifbl8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wear Shark helmets day in day out.

I have a number of models but for me the comfiest and quietest lid is the Spartan Carbon, very very nice quality to boot.

Back
Top Bottom