My bike doesn’t like going right!

Had a quick look at the front end , when front brake applied there is a slight knock when I rock forward and back ( possible play in ball joint ) ??
Anyway, one ordered, will update when it’s replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting! Curious that it would cause a bias. But keep us posted!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

OK

I looked at the parts fiche.

How can the u-joints not be aligned. They are part of the driveshaft.

Sorry if I'm being stupid but I don't see how they can be 'not-aligned'

Attachments

• final drive.jpg
    final drive.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 239
  • driveshaft.jpg
    driveshaft.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 222
Take a look at the OEM parts drawings with exploded views. It will become clearer...

I stand corrected. I think. Just looking at the OEM exploded parts views. It would appear both UJs are all part of one shaft assembly.

I'm much more familiar with the 1150. Despite swinging down the FD on my 1200, I thought the UJ would pull out from the shaft as per the 1150. But maybe not? Meaning no possibility of misalignment?

Can someone confirm?

I stand corrected. I think. Just looking at the OEM exploded parts views. It would appear both UJs are all part of one shaft assembly.

I'm much more familiar with the 1150. Despite swinging down the FD on my 1200, I thought the UJ would pull out from the shaft as per the 1150. But maybe not? Meaning no possibility of misalignment?

Can someone confirm?

yep - on the 1200s they are a solid(ish) construction. The inner and outer shafts are joined via a locking rubber gasket

Can't speak for the 1150s.

The inner and outer shafts are joined via a locking rubber gasket

Not sure it's a 'gasket'. More like a vulcanised rubber joint running the full length of the join. That part is the same as the 1150

Not sure it's a 'gasket'. More like a vulcanised rubber joint running the full length of the join. That part is the same as the 1150

The cush drive is shown in cross section in a post of mine last year. Don't remember which thread. I cut through it to see the construction after I replaced my drive shaft

When I had my front subframe powder coated I took the chance to replace the top yoke steering bearing. It made a considerable difference to the steering accuracy so don't rule it out.

Had a quick look at the front end , when front brake applied there is a slight knock when I rock forward and back ....

That is probably the brake pads knocking in the brake caliper bodies as the disk moves them back and forth.

That is probably the brake pads knocking in the brake caliper bodies as the disk moves them back and forth.
Ah. This sounds like something I discovered when buying my TC.

I noticed a slight knock at the front when applying the brakes, then pushing back and forth.

I quickly discovered it was actually the discs moving to a stop within their fixings, each time you push-pull. I went to a dealer and looked at the new bikes. The discs all did the same. So I bought the TC

This may or may not be relevant. But worth noting. Easy to check too and get it off the list

Is it a case of measuring length of the leg from the clamp to the axle??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the shit slow response. No, what happened on mine was I hit something solid off roading and the forks twisted in the bottom yolk clamps rather than moving up. That led to the bike preferring one turn over the other. If I remember correctly you can tell by placing something flat and wide, piece of glass was suggested at the time, across the fork stanchions. If the legs are twisted in the yolk then it won't sit flatly against the stanchions but will rock. If I can find the original thread I'll check a link up.

Back
Top Bottom