Portsoy 10 to 12 September 2021

Thanks Alystair, great W/E. Big thanks to Posh Pete for the Veggie chilli, it was very good. Thanks to Big Rob and Gail for breakfast on Friday and a great ride up from theirs to Portsoy.
Thanks to U turn Tony ( I know why they call him U Turn now:D) and Mark for letting me join them on the way back down. Overall a cracking W/E.

Almost forgot big thanks to FBB's wife, I think Wendy, Guinness and chocolate cake, now that's something else.

Thanks Alastair for organising a fine weekend and to all your many helpers.

Now my carer Mark has got me back home :D i can add our thank's to Alastair and the crew that made the weekend at Portsoy a classic GSER do.
Mark now appreciates what i have always told him about these get togethers and, i guess it won't be his last. It was brilliant to meet up with
old friends and new, a great bunch of people of that there is no doubt. FBB is a gentleman and his better half a great baker, those cakes were
enormous :eek: so, thank's mate and hope to be able to take up your generous offer of somewhere to park up for a night (or two) on your
lawn :thumb2 Alastair, Khulu and crew, what can i say? what a spread you lot put on and under difficult conditions but, no amount of rain could
dampen your enthusiasm to get the job done, thankyou all. Steve, (Wrinklyowlie) it was a pleasure to have you along for at least some of the
ride back and, believe me, me and Mark are not usually that disorganised when doing routing, honest :D The road closure blew my pre prepared
routing into the weeds, from there on i was all at sea :D Great to spend time with you mate and, best of luck :thumb

Posh Pete, thank's for the wee drams and of course organising the rideout to Bob's :thumb2 and believe me folks, he is far from posh when out
and having the craic, in fact, he's a real laugh, thank's Pete, you were good company :thumb2

Anyway, great to see everyone and the Portsoy "do" should become one of the classic GSER weekends along with Dent and Stronian. Lets hope so :thumb2

Cheers all...

Right that,s me back ( after a jaunt up to Durness and a night camping there )
I wish to echo the thanks sentiments for Northern Jock and his crew ,, they put in a lot of work to make a VERY successful UKGSER “Do” which I and clearly many others really enjoyed
Thanks A .

Thank you Alisdair (Northern Jock), Khulu and all the others whose hard work made this such an enjoyable weekend….good company and good grub, and even my first swim in the North Sea this year.:eek:

Smooth 610 mile ride home today, good memories of a really beautiful place! And over 2,000 miles including the circuit of Ireland before and after the Leenane event last weekend, so overall a great start to September :beerjug:

That is a testament to the comfort of the Wing, 610 miles :thumb

Glad you all had a good time boys and girls.

Well done to the organisers :thumb2:thumb2

Well done Alistair, Iain, Pete, FBB, NeilDD, the ladies who helped with the catering, and the chap who ran the Sail Loft for a great weekend.:thumb2
Good company, a great location and a brilliant bbq. Always nice to meet up with familiar faces and new ones alike.:beerjug:
Once again, nice one Alistair.:thumb2

What a fantastic weekend! First UKGSer event but not the last. Thanks to Alistair and all involved in the planning and staging; I'd like to book my place in the Sail Loft for the 2022 event, as the weather made the camping a little challenging. Particularly enjoyed the enormous BBQ, and eating it in a monsoon gave a whole new angle on al fresco dining..
Special mention to FBB and Wendy, whose hospitality was incredible, and I propose we lobby the janitor to add a new strap line to the UKGSer site banner, adopting ShakeyBMW's suggestion of "UKGSer - We brake for cake."
Thanks also to Posh Pete for the history tour to Sueno's stone - one of those things you'd never find without local knowledge and an amazing artifact.
Looking forward to 2022.

Thanks to everyone for making the effort to come to Portsoy, a fair few miles were travelled. It is, for many, an unknown corner of Scotland so good for folk to discover it.

I suspect we will go back next year, I'm already discussing dates with the campsite and the pub.

Sunday, inevitably, the weather turned so a wander along the coast to a nice wee beach.

Attachments

• image1(11).jpeg
    image1(11).jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 246
  • image0(12).jpeg
    image0(12).jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 242
Great weekend. Fantastic effort from all who braved the long journeys and the elements.��

JUst got back, and packed away :)

Brilliant weekend

Nice to meet some old faces, and put names to new ones,

Wrinkyowlie?& Uturn, I thought you'd gone for a ride out on the the Sunday, not left town lol

Bazman, yes my tyres were down by .1 bar. but one they had warmed up they were fine

Thanks to all who did the catering and arranging. Given the challenging weather conditions, you played a blinder

Had a cracking walk upto the coastguards lookout one way and the dolphin the other, and then found the old town square,

shame its no longer the centre of the town so to speak.

Brilliant ride back Monday, A95 , A9 and onto the A86 , lots of bends and bends and bends,

Filled up in Fort William, and then into Glencoe Valley , for a spot of lunch in brilliant sunshine

and then a dash down to Dent for last nights camping,

The stove worked brilliantly, i managed to burn the bread easily lol (more practice needed)

Early start to beat the weather, and the last bash down the M6, 40, (a detour on the M1) 40 and then onto the 34 and home

Can you get the Strontian list up asap please Bazman :)

JUst got back, and packed away :)

Brilliant weekend

Nice to meet some old faces, and put names to new ones,

Wrinkyowlie?& Uturn, I thought you'd gone for a ride out on the the Sunday, not left town lol

Bazman, yes my tyres were down by .1 bar. but one they had warmed up they were fine

Thanks to all who did the catering and arranging. Given the challenging weather conditions, you played a blinder

Had a cracking walk upto the coastguards lookout one way and the dolphin the other, and then found the old town square,

shame its no longer the centre of the town so to speak.

Brilliant ride back Monday, A95 , A9 and onto the A86 , lots of bends and bends and bends,

Filled up in Fort William, and then into Glencoe Valley , for a spot of lunch in brilliant sunshine

and then a dash down to Dent for last nights camping,

The stove worked brilliantly, i managed to burn the bread easily lol (more practice needed)

Early start to beat the weather, and the last bash down the M6, 40, (a detour on the M1) 40 and then onto the 34 and home

Can you get the Strontian list up asap please Bazman :)

Yes Martin we got on the road home. As we were already late away we decided not to go to the campsite and bid our fairwells as we would have been even later away.
Look forward to meeting up again :thumb2

Yes Martin we got on the road home. As we were already late away we decided not to go to the campsite and bid our fairwells as we would have been even later away.
Look forward to meeting up again :thumb2

Indeed, its Dent next, then Strontian :)

Well done Alistair, Iain, Pete, FBB, NeilDD, the ladies who helped with the catering, and the chap who ran the Sail Loft for a great weekend.:thumb2
Good company, a great location and a brilliant bbq. Always nice to meet up with familiar faces and new ones alike.:beerjug:
Once again, nice one Alistair.:thumb2

The Harley was a peach, shame to turn it Pink ;)

Back
Top Bottom