BMW upgraded fuel sensor strip.

Under warranty!, since the last strips were used on the 2009 gs's that's Impressive on a 13 Yr old bike.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Could be a Used BMW Warranty, I've been looking at a 2012 through a Dealer and they still put 24 months on them.

I posted about this last year. Nobody believed me. My new strip is on order from Germany and will be installed in 2 weeks.

Had the new super duper upgraded strip fitted today, took an hour and a half, seems to be working fine on the run home, fingers crossed.

Had the new super duper upgraded strip fitted today, took an hour and a half, seems to be working fine on the run home, fingers crossed.

Have a photo of it? Does it look like a float arm at all?

today a new toy turned up from NL - I just put the float control 2 box by https://www.proebeemer.nl/ on the bike alongside the GSA float it works just the a strip but shouldn't break the combined cost is the same as the old strip

Picked up a new strip yesterday.
£150.

20220513-205353.jpg

plus VAT ?

plus buy a gs 911 or mototscan app and dongle to calibrate it, then fit the horrible thing, then get cancer with all the unleaded on your hands

It was £127 plus vat.
Already have a gs911 so I can calibrate it whenever I need to fit it.
I can also put on a pair of nitrile gloves if I was concerned about getting petrol on my hands.
Actually, I might not have to do any of that as my origional strip works perfectly.
The new strip will sit beside the new ring antenna, sidestand switch, tps and fuel pump controller in a box in the garage.

that's an incredible price... around £175 is retail (new strip is cheaper)

Weird things happening !!

Just been out for a bit of a bimble and the new fuel strip is showing a full tank ( it's not) and the range figure went UP the more I rode it, it went up from 197 to 211 over a 30 mile run.

I think I have heard that it may take a couple of tank fulls to get the strip to "bed" in...... Is this the case.?

Just been out for a bit of a bimble and the new fuel strip is showing a full tank ( it's not) and the range figure went UP the more I rode it, it went up from 197 to 211 over a 30 mile run.

I think I have heard that it may take a couple of tank fulls to get the strip to "bed" in...... Is this the case.?

The "Range" can vary Up or Down depending on how you're Riding.
Obviously it will gradually drop over a period of time, but on a minute by minute basis, it can be pretty erratic in my experience.
My Car does the same thing....

My last fuel strip fitted just under a year ago has always been a bit erratic..
Shows full when I fi it up. Goes down as it should for the first 100 miles or so.
Then drops to about half full with a range of around 175 miles for the next 100 miles or so. Then counts down to about 15 miles range left. If I fill up then I can only get a out 30-31 litres in, so still have 5 litres or so in the tank.
At least I don't have the flashing orange light on all the time.
I'm hoping it'll fail again before the warranty runs out and the will fit the upgraded one and calibrate it better.
I was told it'll take a few tanks to sort itself out but it's been like this since it was fitted.

I'll give it another couple of tank fulls and see what happens

My last fuel strip fitted just under a year ago has always been a bit erratic..
Shows full when I fi it up. Goes down as it should for the first 100 miles or so.
Then drops to about half full with a range of around 175 miles for the next 100 miles or so. Then counts down to about 15 miles range left. If I fill up then I can only get a out 30-31 litres in, so still have 5 litres or so in the tank.
At least I don't have the flashing orange light on all the time.
I'm hoping it'll fail again before the warranty runs out and the will fit the upgraded one and calibrate it better.
I was told it'll take a few tanks to sort itself out but it's been like this since it was fitted.

Does the GSA hold 33lts Total or 33lts + Reserve?
I'm sure I read somewhere that it has 4lts in Reserve but I can't find the Article now I'm looking for it....

Supposed to be 33 ltr.
I have managed 35 and a bit on previous trips.
Can't remember what the computer said I had left though.

Supposed to be 33 ltr.
I have managed 35 and a bit on previous trips.
Can't remember what the computer said I had left though.

I got a smidge over 29 lts in the other day, still showing about 100 miles on Range.
Greatly amused the guy in the Kiosk to see a Bike Pumping 48 Quid into the Tank...:(

Does the GSA hold 33lts Total or 33lts + Reserve?
I'm sure I read somewhere that it has 4lts in Reserve but I can't find the Article now I'm looking for it....

I have put In 35-36 on many occasions when the strip is calibrated right. The most I've put in was 36.67 litres in France when hunting for a fuel station. It didn't run out, though I suspect it was running on fumes.
My fuel tank doesn't have the hole in the right side to fit the auxiliary oil bottle that some have so it may hold more fuel, who knows?

Back
Top Bottom