Need a £3k do it all fun commuter - thinking 1150GS!

I bought a 68k mile 2002 1150GS off of this forum in October. It had been regularly serviced over the five years that the previous owner had it and came with a thick folder full of receipts for previous maintenance. It looks like its been through quite a few forum owners over the years as well, which or me, is a good sign. Not sure if you can access the "GS Bikes For Sale & Wanted" pages on here though unless you're a subscriber?
Thus far I've put another 1300 miles on it. The only issue that I've had was a leaky tyre valve. Starts on the button every time and rides and handles superb with the Ohiins rear shock.
Good luck with your search.

I’ll be selling an 1150 gsa in a couple of weeks,
I’ve just rebuilt the gearbox,it’ll have a full service,it’s got recently rebuilt ohlins on it,
Had a new clutch 25k ish ago.
115k miles 1 owner bike.
Will want for nothing
£3k

I’ve just rebuilt the gearbox,it’ll have a full service,it’s got recently rebuilt ohlins on it,
115k miles 1 owner bike.
Will want for nothing
£3k

From mikey that is going to be worth looking into. Once a member you can search out mikeyboy's you will be impressed.

115k miles 1 owner bike.
Will want for nothing
£3k

Full Service, Rebuilt gearbox, ohlins suspension, and new clutch! At 3K what a bargain.

He’s too late…. It’s on its way to me…..:D:D

Guys

Just caught up on all these messages!

Thanks for all the updates and I can confirm that I indeed bought… a BMW R1150GS

2004 and a massive 34k miles on the clock, plus recent big service, new tyres and new clutch. All for mid £3s ish

Arrives on Sunday.

As I am going on a big 3 day Wales trip next weekend, my plan for this week is:

- add E5 fuel (I know it can take E10 but why risk it for now)
- add one of those Halfords engine cleaners into the tank when about to do a long trip

Anything else suggested?

Thanks

I should explain about the clutch - previous owner bought knowing that the clutch was “slipping”.

So he bought all the clutch kit and split the bike in half etc… to find that the clutch was ok and actually there was some kind of minor oil leak seeping into the clutch area. Fixed the leak and also put in the new clutch anyway. Voila.

Haha

Ok ok there must be something special on all this “bling”

How do I pay my huge £12 bill!?!

Haha

Ok ok there must be something special on all this “bling”

How do I pay my huge £12 bill!?!

I think you’re missing one important point about membership and purchasing bling. It’s not you who purchases the bling, it’s the site owner and he uses your money.

I think you’re missing one important point about membership and purchasing bling. It’s not you who purchases the bling, it’s the site owner and he uses your money.

Yup, you’re £12 is like a shot in the arm to BHT, a real injection of cash

Haha - he’s got every GS model in town! Probably runs this site from his Yacht…

Back
Top Bottom