1290 Super Duke test ride

Answers on a post card to........;)

Looking good mate.....are you just buying bling for it, or have you actually ridden it yet? :p

Just buying little orange trinkets to stick all over it :cool:

No but...nearly run in now. All hell is going to break loose after next Saturday Keith. :bounce1

No but...nearly run in now. All hell is going to break loose after next Saturday Keith. :bounce1

You should bring it to the Cotswolds next Saturday!

Hell will be released after it's 1st service......WTF will the HD boys do on le trip.......you won't get out of 2nd gear!!!!

You should bring it to the Cotswolds next Saturday!

I would do Rich, but the first service is at 9.30am so wouldn't make it in time realistically

Hell will be released after it's 1st service......WTF will the HD boys do on le trip.......you won't get out of 2nd gear!!!!

You can't go mentioning that on here!!!! It's all hush hush dammit man. (But no, you're right. Might be a case of 'see you there')

I would do Rich, but the first service is at 9.30am so wouldn't make it in time realistically

You can't go mentioning that on here!!!! It's all hush hush dammit man. (But no, you're right. Might be a case of 'see you there')

Change the service date to the 6th....or get them to pick it up from your manor & bring it back @ dinner time...:D

Oh......sorry......if I'd have known I wouldn't have mentioned.....my bad.....oh well, said it now!! :rolleyes:

It's a fast bike!:D Service at half nine, on the road by half ten, we'll meet you somewhere for lunch.:thumb

Change the service date to the 6th....or get them to pick it up from your manor & bring it back @ dinner time...:D

Oh......sorry......if I'd have known I wouldn't have mentioned.....my bad.....oh well, said it now!! :rolleyes:

Can't do it on the 6th, have work booked in. Got to pay for the damn bike somehow.

my dear Melchie this bike can't be that good as Sir Geoff had one on his dyno last Saturday because the owner said he wanted more than the bike could give him. :nenau

Anyway...anything else to say, say it now as the lights are about to go o

my dear Melchie this bike can't be that good as Sir Geoff had one on his dyno last Saturday because the owner said he wanted more than the bike could give him. :nenau

...and the UKGSer lights are back on again!

To be honest Shapeshifter old chap, I hear what you are saying. My tongue was somewhat in my cheek when i mentioned "all hell breaking loose". The reality is it won't. The engine produces large amounts of torque but doesn't have the kick up the arse at peak power like say a big in line four does. It is still a damn sight faster than anything that I've owned and to be honest I enjoy lots of torque as it is more usable than big peak power willy waving, which is not particularly useful on the road.

I think, as like all modern performance bikes though, to release the potential will need intake/exhaust mods, restrictors removed and dyno tuning. The emissions modifications/laws will be undoubtably strangling it. If I can turn the bike into what it was more intended by KTM for not too much money and without making it hugely noisy and antisocial I may do the same but have no desire to start down a pointless road of trying to squeeze out more power than I am ever realistically capable of using, either because of the limitations of the roads/laws or indeed my skill level and desire to stay on this mortal coil a while longer (preferably with a driving licence).

I can also see though why a speed freak that is used to the Hyabusas and the like may want more and more, although I guess they will want more whatever it produced and however it produced it. I require a usable all round bike to fill a number of roles.

Just run it in dear boy.

FFS, your bike puts out some 25bhp more than mine and once those revs get near the little flashing red light I'm hanging on to the fecker all wide eyed and terrified.

Just run it in dear boy.

Andres

Just run it in dear boy.

FFS, your bike puts out some 25bhp more than mine and once those revs get near the little flashing red light I'm hanging on to the fecker all wide eyed and terrified.

Just run it in dear boy.

Andres

Err...I am.

Err...I am.

Exactly :)

The point I was making is that once you can get the revs into the 'world going backwards' region you won't have any thoughts about it wanting for 'more'........

And yes, I know mine has been Hilltopped, I'm sure it has even more at the top end but I'm not brave enough to explore that properly, just the odd blatt on a straight empty road which inevitably results in my bottle running out long before the power does......... So do as I say not as I do :D

Andres

Oi!

I've seen you sneaking back in and posting in other threads Mr Melch; get out there and gets some miles on her; the little red light beckons! :p

Andres

Oi!

I've seen you sneaking back in and posting in other threads Mr Melch; get out there and gets some miles on her; the little red light beckons! :p

Andres

Just have :upyou

Mileage done. All that despite feeling a little under the weather from the weekends festivities. Just how hardcore do you need? :augie

Back
Top Bottom