1300 gs battery

bmsouls

Reaction score
Hi,i have just taken delivery of a 1300 gs question is i need to buy a lithium charger but can they be left on as a battery tender/maintenence just you hear so much about them getting too hot or do i just charge once a month thanks.

Hi,i have just taken delivery of a 1300 gs question is i need to buy a lithium charger but can they be left on as a battery tender/maintenence just you hear so much about them getting too hot or do i just charge once a month thanks.

Yes they can fella - I’ve had mine fir a while now - the optimate - and it’s done to leave on 24/7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mark - which Optimate have you got? I currently have the Optimate 4 BMW edition but pretty sure that wont work for the Lithium battery :(

This might prevent some new owners from Fubaring their new lithium battery because they've used their existing BMW charger/Optimate 4 etc. (y)

This might prevent some new owners from Fubaring their new lithium battery because they've used their existing BMW charger/Optimate 4 etc. (y)

It's bit of a sales pitch for Optimate!. There are other chargers that will work fine so long as they are compatible with Lithium battery ( and canbus if you want to use the 12v port on the bike to charge). Also existing "BMW Plus" charger will work ok.

I’ve just bought the BMW Charger Plus, recommended by the dealer, though I’ve noticed they’re thin on the ground now, stocks virtually exhausted.
Has it been phased out for a reason or something to do with the Ukraine supply situation?
I have read somewhere that the Optimate Quad has resulted in some error messages the 1300 dash, though I can’t find where I read that now. There’s that many FB forums if you want to go back and find something it’s virtually impossible.

Back
Top Bottom