20 mph enforcement from tomorrow

I’m a bit fed up of nonsense like this, but I apologise for the insult.

Realistically, for there to be a reduction in accidents as a result of the 20mph limit, there must have been accidents happening at between 20-30mph in zones that were 30mph. I honestly doubt there are many of those. It’s nothing to do with safety, and everything to do with personal ideologies of the elected representatives who use our money to make our lives worse.

Personally, I’ve managed to avoid crashing wholesale into pedestrians my entire life, and it wasn’t hard. Maybe better driver training should be implemented before more stupid virtue signalling restrictions

And since the biggest cause of death in males under 50 is suicide, I’d rather that was investigated. It’s probably because somebody is trying to stop them doing anything they like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good points

Don't you start winding the buggers up.🙄
It`s just weird, as in really weird! Why would you abide by such? Must be brain dead morons, much like a turkey voting for christmas....I really cannot comprehend it, it really is just weird.

It`s just weird, as in really weird! Why would you abide by such? Must be brain dead morons, much like a turkey voting for christmas....I really cannot comprehend it, it really is just weird.
because they fine you and put points on your license maybe

because they fine you and put points on your license maybe
Not if enough band together and ignore it all...It is about time people stood up against this oppression, or is everyone impotent?

Not if enough band together and ignore it all...It is about time people stood up against this oppression, or is everyone impotent?

How many is enough to make a difference? Over 0.25m drivers stood up against oppression and were prosecuted for speeding in 2022 so we need to know where the tipping point is and how many must pay before The Man says ok, the drivers win, you can drive as fast as you want to.

I’ll take a £100 hit and if everybody does it maybe they’ll stop inconveniencing angry Welshmen and as a bonus I can shave a bit of time off my commute to Tesco and flash my middle finger at the 20mph signs when I speed past Trinity primary school.

I agree with 20 mph outside schools etc. I don't agree with with the people doing 20mph on the a55 slip road and the a55 itself on the conway stretch and beyond. We need more police to stop the people who don't drive accordingly to the road conditions. We have a section of dual carriageway about 1 mile long where I live, we have had a lot of young inexperienced youngsters killed over the recent years due to racing to see how fast they can record on the illuminated speed recorder, again these people need "advice" on how to drive. Speed is always a factor, but its the person doing it thats the main factor.

I agree with 20 mph outside schools etc. I don't agree with with the people doing 20mph on the a55 slip road and the a55 itself on the conway stretch and beyond. We need more police to stop the people who don't drive accordingly to the road conditions. We have a section of dual carriageway about 1 mile long where I live, we have had a lot of young inexperienced youngsters killed over the recent years due to racing to see how fast they can record on the illuminated speed recorder, again these people need "advice" on how to drive. Speed is always a factor, but its the person doing it thats the main factor.

I’ve just driven through 2 miles of deserted 20mph limit on a country road with a few houses. Not a soul to be seen. It’s bollocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oppression?
What, like in Iran?
Get a grip.

Just done my first trip into Wales since the 20mph change… for the short periods at 20mph… I quite liked it 😬. Made f**k all difference in the grand scheme of things. Worth it for fish and chips in Aber too 👍

Attachments

• 6098AB13-F2E6-4C72-A744-F1B6532376CF.jpeg
    6098AB13-F2E6-4C72-A744-F1B6532376CF.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 11
No doubt the enforcements will be coming in thick and fast.
The camera vans know exactly where to go to get best results.
Most people appear to be travelling below 30, roundabout 25ish, that will get you done.
Where I live we have the driving test centre. When they flood out,and hit the 20s, you can quickly (ha ha) find yourself doing about 15 behind them. The longer the Q the slower it is for the ones at the back.
Once people start getting the speed awareness courses quickly followed by a FPN or even court and then realising they’ve been caught between 25-30mph on each occasion patience will wear thin. Drakeford can say it’s about safety but nobody cared when we were kids playing in the street. And there were more kids in streets back then than now.

Well I have to say Im humbled by the folk of S. Wales. I was under the impression use North Walians were a moaning bunch of neanderthals in our reluctance to embrace the new 20 mph. Whilst in South and Mid Wales adoption was more forthcoming.

Well staying in Pontypool and visiting the Blaenavon area, I have never seen as many defaced 20 mph signs. Buses were clearly tailgating me when I did 20 mph and were visibly frustrated. There are long eg half mile or more sections of 20 mph where no one was doing 20 mph . Closer to 27/28 eg a nudge under the old 30 mph. The Welsh statistics say S. Wales average reduction in speed is 1.8 mph compared to our 3.5. I can see why.

Back
Top Bottom