2018 softail street bob...

How many miles, HD is 5k between oil services..

Lifters are hydraulic so nothing to adjust …. Perhaps the oil levels are low..

How many miles, HD is 5k between oil services..

Lifters are hydraulic so nothing to adjust …. Perhaps the oil levels are low..
11500 miles

£ 9.5 k

Dealers putting a full service on it, supplying and fitting a pillion pad and pegs and throwing in a new full face crash helmet ( make unknown)

11500 miles

£ 9.5 k

Dealers putting a full service on it, supplying and fitting a pillion pad and pegs and throwing in a new full face crash helmet ( make unknown)
That bike should have three service stamps…

My M8 was whisper quiet around the engine…

I think it only had the first service, at least that's all that has been stamped in the book.

I find the Tallboy seat great - wider, higher and set back more than standard.
Makes the mid-pegs less cramped and causes you to sit more upright, so far better than the standard seat for me at 6ft 1inch tall. Re the engine, you may find it useful to compare the 107 and 114 motors.
The rear brake on mine is crap, dealer bled on first service with improvement, but any adjustment of the pedal to make it more vertical will give more leverage and seemingly more effect.
With lack of history and concerns about rattles I would leave it, get one where you don't have th3se worries, plenty more out there.

I find the Tallboy seat great - wider, higher and set back more than standard.
Makes the mid-pegs less cramped and causes you to sit more upright, so far better than the standard seat for me at 6ft 1inch tall. Re the engine, you may find it useful to compare the 107 and 114 motors.
The rear brake on mine is crap, dealer bled on first service with improvement, but any adjustment of the pedal to make it more vertical will give more leverage and seemingly more effect.
With lack of history and concerns about rattles I would leave it, get one where you don't have th3se worries, plenty more out there.
Great post, thank you.

a question for you Harley guys, i'm completely new to Harleys so please forgive any stupid questions...

having taken the Street Bob for a test run, when cruising along in 5th or 6th the engine is very quiet but accelerating up through the gears it sounds like there appears to be a lot of top end rattle.

i know it is long overdue a full service but is this normal ?

oh, and the back brake is truly awful !!
Just spotted this:

Automatic Compression Release valves

Who knew :duno

Great find, that first video describes what I was hearing to a tee.

As you say... Who knew..

Back
Top Bottom