2023 NC750X DCT

Really sorry to hear about your misfortune Steve....you were lucky not to get injured.
What did the dealer say about the chain? I'm assuming the workshop inspected the bike and have sent a report to Honda.

Coincidently, I was looking at my chain last week wondering how long it will last. It's an RK. Maybe a cost cutting exercise using cheap chains! (bike only has 200 miles on it).

I remember getting 26,000 miles from the original chain on my VFR750 I bought new in '97. I rode that bike through winter, did several track days on it plus a few trips to S. France. I'm not expecting anything like that from this chain.

Really sorry to hear about your misfortune Steve....you were lucky not to get injured.
What did the dealer say about the chain? I'm assuming the workshop inspected the bike and have sent a report to Honda.

Coincidently, I was looking at my chain last week wondering how long it will last. It's an RK. Maybe a cost cutting exercise using cheap chains! (bike only has 200 miles on it).

I remember getting 26,000 miles from the original chain on my VFR750 I bought new in '97. I rode that bike through winter, did several track days on it plus a few trips to S. France. I'm not expecting anything like that from this chain.
Well I can’t fault my dealer. I rang MKS on sunday afternoon after the AA told me they’d be leaving the bike with me.
Monday 10.00hrs there van arrived and took the bike away.
By 11.30 ish, Andy ( the boss) rang me after having the bike looked at, and we had a long chat.this led to me having 3 options
1. Put new chain and sprockets on asap and get the bike back to me.
2. Strip engine to check for damage and new chain etc.
3. I give them a very small contribution and end up with a brand new bike with all my bits swapped over.
No brainer in my opinion, my new red one will be arriving at MKS next week and I’ll get it at the end of the month.
Once again team MKS have really gone beyond what any reasonable person can expect to keep the customer happy.
As for the chain, they can’t do a report as it was lost somewhere on the A1.
Now, it can be said that I’m biased about them as they have always looked after me, and everyone who has followed me there. ( ask call centre chimp) but I think back to other threads about bikes/dealers such as the recent Moto Guzzi thread and I’m really grateful I’m dealing with such good people.

Hold on a cotton picking moment !!!
Went into MKS today and there was a new one in ( I think) Mississippi mud grey. …..lovely colour .
So my new GREY one is being delivered in a fortnight.

That's great service from your dealer, as it should be really.
They look great in Grey, I'm sure you'll be pleased when you collect.

I thought the chain on my 2019 looked of dubious quality.Changed it for a d.i.d. Hasn't needed adjustment in 12000 miles.

I thought the chain on my 2019 looked of dubious quality.Changed it for a d.i.d. Hasn't needed adjustment in 12000 miles.
That’s good to know. I’ve sat on the new bike and had the chain free play checked by the mechanic during the PDI, then we both know it’s set up correctly

That’s good to know. I’ve sat on the new bike and had the chain free play checked by the mechanic during the PDI, then we both know it’s set up correctly

How do you know the chain in the new bike is any good and last long?

How do you know the chain in the new bike is any good and last long?
I don’t, but I’m hoping it was a one off. It’ll have a chain oiler on from day one, and I’ll be watching it like a hawk.
Having said that, I had a long talk with Andy at Miles KS and he did put my mind at rest that any problems would be dealt with promptly.
I’ve also asked on the NC forum and it appears it’s not a known issue on the modern bikes.

When is one honda automatic bike is not enough.
Add another one.... 😁

A 1978 CB400A.... 😉

PS

The mud grey bikes are faster Steve, glad your sorted..👍

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1711317234143.jpg
    FB_IMG_1711317234143.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 33
When is one honda automatic bike is not enough.
Add another one.... 😁

A 1978 CB400A.... 😉

PS

The mud grey bikes are faster Steve, glad your sorted..👍
My new mud grey one comes Saturday.
MKS have gone beyond the bounds of good service. I’m totally happy with the outcome.
Ooh, I’ve got to change my battle cry…..GREY ONES ARE FASTER 😄

Reactions: Ash

Back
Top Bottom