2024 GSX-S1000GX

I like it a lot! Not so keen on the cruise control being on the right hand switch gear though

Bloody ell that looks nice (y). looks worse on the susuki web site.

Overall height1,350mm (53.1in)Wheelbase1,470mm (57.9in)
Ground clearance155mm (6.1in)Seat height845 mm (33.3in)
Kerb mass232kg (511lbs)Fuel capacity19.0L (4.2UK gallons)
IMG_0264.jpeg

8fe002d75c831293b2fdd41773795975.jpg

2af54e7ed05f24b794d24bb3959b7021.jpg

08b2a9f5158a49dab469e11a16bb5e56.jpg

It’s ok but more cramped than my GT+

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

Last edited:
Too plasticky for me

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk
Every GS since the 1150 was too plasticky according to some - hopefully my local Suzuki dealer will get hold of one to look at. Suzuki are a bit 'Tesco value' BUT they make great engines.

If it’s a K5 engine it’ll be a belter. I’m not in the market for that type of bike right now but I’d be comparing it directly against the S1000XR which is about £750 more for the base model and I think the BMW would win my vote.

First reviews are in

Quick observations - the ‘integrated’ navigation uses Apple Maps and is A to B only .
No obvious place to mount a twat nav.
The configurator on the website is not up and running yet but it doesn’t look like the bike is homologated for both panniers and a top box .
Max payload is 198 kgs , so assume average tosser at 100 kgs and 75 kg pillion only leaves 23 kgs, so stuffed panniers and that’s pretty much it .

Last edited:
to be fair, 23Kgs is a lot of luggage, given that most pack too much when planning a tour. All I usually pack are a few teeshirts, undies, zipped fleece for colder weather and some shoes and a lightweight waterproof top in addition to polycotton trousers. Tools wise, I pack a tyre repair kit, inflator, Oxford mini tool kit and disc lock. Gadgets are limited to phone, compact camera, chargers and leads and satnav plus I also carry a water bottle and a first aid kit. That's it. I doubt that little lot weighs much more than 10Kg. My all up weight including lid and riding kit is 90Kg. That would leave 98Kg for a large pillion, so my better half can have a few extra mince pies this Christmas 🤣

I like that bike and would definitely give one ago rather than get another boxer. It's likely to give fewer problems but we'll see.

Having seen one in the flesh, and for same (isn) money (an current Yamaha offer) your Tracer GT+ is in my opinion a far better screw machine. AFAIK, Panniers shown aren't part of the asking price.

Having seen one in the flesh, and for same (isn) money (an current Yamaha offer) your Tracer GT+ is in my opinion a far better screw machine. AFAIK, Panniers shown aren't part of the asking price.

having owned one of the early Tracers in 2015, despite a significantly lower BHP, the triple engine gives you loads of bottom and mid-range grunt that is well suited for touring, especially in mountains. The 2015 Tracer had its flaws including Dunlop D222 tyres not sold on the open market and woefully inadequate suspension. Yamaha have had 8 years to develop the bike and they have listened to the criticism, making it a much better bike if you pay for the premium version.
BMW have just announced that we will get a R1300RS next year, so Suzuki are just a bit late to the party. Now, if they had stuck a V twin in the bike they would have had a USP...

Chopsie’s view

Can’t see it beating the Tracer GT+ in a side by side test .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Chopsie’s view

Can’t see it beating the Tracer GT+ in a side by side test .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeahhhh, not for me.
Sounds like my 5 year old KTM in RAIN mode is probably more fun.

Back
Top Bottom