A mini adventure - New Forest area - 20 May

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is a bit of a mash up of a few things - namely the weekend that never was, the Sammy Miller Adv day and camping at a new venue near Bovington.

Here's the idea -

• Meet up at the Sammy Miller Offroad and Adventure Bike event from 10h00 on the 20 May. We already have a few UKGSers who will be there... Cookie, our friends from Rugged Roads.. https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...Off-Road-and-Adventure-Bike-Day-20th-May-2023
  • Probably have a burger lunch there and don't forget their exceptional cakes.
  • Early afternoon, move to Bovington Tank museum, about 1 hour to the west. (say 2-5pm at the museum). Hopefully a local guide can show us a nice route.
  • Then.. on to the nearby Seven Stars at Wool. https://sevenstars.co.uk/
  • The Seven Stars was recommended by Ianak who some of you will know from last year's New Forest meet. The pub has a camping field and basic bathroom facilities.... but more importantly a good bar and restaurant doing proper pub food. So, food/beer/camp and talk bollocks around the tents on Saturday night.
  • The pub does breakfasts too, if you pre-book.

That's a basic idea - of course you can also camp on Friday evening (either at the Seven Stars or close to Sammy Miller's) and you could do the tanks on Sunday morning if you prefer, it's open from 10). Ianak will also tell you all about a host of other attractions near the pub, not least the stunning countryside and coast.

But the core is meant to be dead easy - you get 3 fun filled events (Sammy Miller's / the tanks / an evening of joviality with other Tossers) and up until this point, you don't need to worry about any self catering. Just a tent to fall into after the pub....then expand upon the core as you desire to build your own trip.

That's basically it - we'd need numbers in order to book a table at the pub (I think.. but I'm not sure... that if you're eating and drinking at the pub, the camping's free - TBC).

In principle, would anyone be keen for this? :beerjug:

Oh bugger - I would have loved to come down for this again, but sadly Mrs T has already bagged it for another commitment :tears

That's a shame, the off road aspect might have been interesting for you given your TRF interest.

Next time!

And by the way.....

At the recommendation of one of the New Forest regulars, I joined the British Motorcycle Charitable Trust.

Membership gets you into loads of places such as Beaulieu, Haynes, Brooklands, NMM and loads of others for half price, and Bovington free. Membership's just £20 a year and the membership pack came in 2 days - it's a no brainer. Thanks again for the recommendation.

https://www.bmct.org/

Ian's just mentioned this to me, unfortunately I'm already going to another camping weekend, potentially two others, blast. Seems like fun events are like busses...come along in 3's! :blast

I probably have to decline, which is a blow, and the camping so close to home as well :p

Have fun

Ian's just mentioned this to me, unfortunately I'm already going to another camping weekend, potentially two others, blast. Seems like fun events are like busses...come along in 3's! :blast

I probably have to decline, which is a blow, and the camping so close to home as well :p

Have fun

Will do - is that another Himmy adventure??

Nuts!

I’d pencilled this in for this year if a New Forest do happened again… that’s the weekend I’m away in Greece :(

Seems it's a popular weekend - maybe we should scale back - for those who want to do the Adventure show at Millers, we can meet there - and we can leave the camping until later in the year.

I was looking forwards to chatting to the wannabees at the show - "Adventure? Adventure? I'm on an adventure right now, mate"! :D

20 May is no good for me, I’m afraid. Though you’ll all be delighted to hear, no doubt.

Have a great time, Adventuring, with a capital A.

:beerjug:

I’m not sure where I’ll be (as in whether I’ll actually be in the UK) and I’m being careful with my annual holidays this year so I can’t commit to anything but I’d already mentally pencilled that weekend as a camping weekend if I’m home.

However, I’d pencilled it in for camping because it’s the same weekend as the Strontian meet and if the weather is half decent I’ll be riding north on the Friday morning but a weekend in the New Forest makes a very sensible alternative even though it’s a shit ride down from where we live :D

I’m not sure where I’ll be (as in whether I’ll actually be in the UK) and I’m being careful with my annual holidays this year so I can’t commit to anything but I’d already mentally pencilled that weekend as a camping weekend if I’m home.

However, I’d pencilled it in for camping because it’s the same weekend as the Strontian meet and if the weather is half decent I’ll be riding north on the Friday morning but a weekend in the New Forest makes a very sensible alternative even though it’s a shit ride down from where we live :D

Why do you think i go north instead of west lol :D

Cant do Strontian :( or this one. this year :(

Yep, please consider the camping as off the cards for his event - it's a weekend that clashes with too many other events and you need a decent core number to make the camping fun. However, shout if you're going to Sammy Miller's and we can go and bother the UKGSers who will be on the various trade stands.

Back
Top Bottom