A Potter Around the Vercors.

Sat on the terrace having a beer and it looks like it’s bbq night . I also think they’re expecting Elevenerife to arrive .
Look closely middle left, arrowed.....

d82766ea35fe85c06acdecd7d7824254.plist

:jes:jes:jes

I have a question. Last I heard France was 50mph everwhere. Is that so and if so have they replaced all the signs? Don't think you've mentioned it so guess it's not been an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question. Last I heard France was 50mph everwhere. Is that so and if so have they replaced all the signs? Don't think you've mentioned it so guess it's not been an issue.

There was a blanket 80 kph (50mph) national speed limit. Some Departments have since raised it back to 90kph. Did you miss the photo showing a sign saying 90 kph when he crossed a border into Haute Loire, post #176?

Most of today was all 90kmh with all new signs

There was a blanket 80 kph (50mph) national speed limit. Some Departments have since raised it back to 90kph. Did you miss the photo showing a sign saying 90 kph when he crossed a border into Haute Loire, post #176?

#176. Yes, bypased that somehow. 50 is a tedious speed of you need to make progress. Another nice bunch of pics.

Fantastic pics and weather. Brings it all back. Was there a month ago. There is so much in a small compass. Le Marronnier is the place to stay but if it's full or you want an alternative, would recommend

www.auberge-des-montauds.fr

Probably a bit simpler, quieter and good food, for which it seems to be well known. Have a look at their menu.

Thanks for a great report Martin....we...Jim..digger37...and others..... had a great week in the the Vercors a few years back, one of the hidden delights of France....your pix bought it all back, followed by the next year in and around Mt Ventoux. A terrific area for riding, all sorts in reach, Millau, Provence, Med,....loads. We stayed at http://www.vercors-hotel.com/index.php but I think its changed hand since then.

You will remember a misty then sunny lunch at The Craggans Hotel, @ Melness a few years back...I was there last week...little changes....

Thanks for a great report Martin....we...Jim..digger37...and others..... had a great week in the the Vercors a few years back, one of the hidden delights of France....your pix bought it all back, followed by the next year in and around Mt Ventoux. A terrific area for riding, all sorts in reach, Millau, Provence, Med,....loads. We stayed at http://www.vercors-hotel.com/index.php but I think its changed hand since then.

You will remember a misty then sunny lunch at The Craggans Hotel, @ Melness a few years back...I was there last week...little changes....

Ah yes I remember !!
Was that in 2010 when I ‘lead’ the ride out because Klanky couldn’t make it like the previous year ? Have I got that right ? Klanky ? Had a GS800 ? What happened to him ? Nice guy !
Was a good trip with you guys, Thunder, Nakimbale (RIP) , Ronnie and Johnny Windows !

So, about 268 miles today with the scenery just getting better and better.
Up and over the Gorge du Nan to get to my campsite for the next 3 nights.

Harley Adventure Bike :

86901151ccb744a3ebdb6ddf5b15f4f9.jpg

674eb26edccc99a69602400b0d18b641.jpg

c9a367c220f811dbe62319bfee05690c.jpg

Just beautiful

74ef37aadbf1d524108cdc1f9212220a.jpg

Settled into my base for the next 3 nights :

63248f69f5d321488d9d60d95a7bc092.jpg

73b6407675315b4b9071959a30d05d2b.jpg

8220542ff0868733d66f75cd5b2780cc.jpg

Then time to take the screen off, as I’m just pottering around for the next 2 days and it’ll be much cooler,as going to get quite hot the next few days:

6fb6dc011cff8715cf5e30af1af9ea76.jpg

Simply loosen the 2 chrome domed 13mm nuts on each side

98ec77bbee9638dd8dd0aaef102c2447.jpg

Then pull the top part of the screen forward and simply lift off.

Takes exactly 27 seconds from start to finish :)

c3cd05826a385606587e8f788d2d097b.jpg

1e99e856d4855b67f255ca32d6b419e6.jpg

You really have got it well sorted down there; the balcony photo's are stunning ; as usuall for you; i noticed what appears to be a Sunbeam Alpine in the background of one of your pictures; did you take any notice; or any more pictures by any chance?

You really have got it well sorted down there; the balcony photo's are stunning ; as usuall for you; i noticed what appears to be a Sunbeam Alpine in the background of one of your pictures; did you take any notice; or any more pictures by any chance?

Nope, never noticed the car . Which pic is it ?

Nope, never noticed the car . Which pic is it ?

5th one down parked outside your digs; it's in the background behind the other 2 bikes under the shade of the tree. How does the Harley stack up against the big Guzzi you took down that way; comfort; ease of handling ; and general mile munching?

STOP PRESS:

Desirable tosser hotel located on the outskirts of Poitiers .
It’s actually very close to Futuroscope,

So if you’ve been planning to treat SWMBO to a romantic break , look no further !!!

253d67c0a5a410a5d708c6280b595a5d.jpg

Not sure about bikermatesecureparking so you may need a lump of butter at home .

So check in , freshen up and stroll past the beautiful sunflowers to the KFC next door

3dcc1f2757b8e5e00957cc837304d333.jpg

Unless, of course , steak and FRITZ have been promised :))

Bookmark and enjoy !

Jean-Francois has an old MG.

It could well be that; i was looking at the numberplate which in the picture looks like it's tucked under a bit like a Sunbeam; either way he sounds like a man of refinement and taste; :beerjug::okay

Just got back to my place in Brittany.
Ten hour day , 348 miles all D roads.
Done 1950 miles in the last week on the RKS.
It’s as comfy as a comfy thing !

Just got back to my place in Brittany.
Ten hour day , 348 miles all D roads.
Done 1950 miles in the last week on the RKS.
It’s as comfy as a comfy thing !

Nice trip and good to know about the bike.Pity you girlfriend wasn't there for some pillion feedback. Would you change anything on the bike ? Rear suspension ?

Back
Top Bottom