ABS fault on gs1150 2004

Terry NW

Reaction score

Hello , its been a while since posted on here,
Ive got a 1150 2004 model year having watched and read all ive seen regarding ABS faults which apply to ABS 2
i think minds a little different " just my luck " i m getting a rapid flashing ABS light after i go over 5 mph , im looking to reset it . it maybe something else rather than just a reset. are any of you guys familiar with my set up which is on the picture

From 2003 the R1150 range were fitted with iABS system, sometimes referred to as Servo Brakes.

This is a completely different braking system to the ABS2 system fitted up until 2003.

You are probably wondering why you have no pin 2 on the diagnostic connector. This is because you cannot reset the iABS system by grounding pin 2 like you can with the ABS2 system, hence why there is no wire.

The iABS system is self resetting when the system detects the fault as cleared, or if you had something like a GS911 you can access the fault codes and try clearing them to see if they are permanent or transient faults.

IMG_0487.jpeg

Last edited:
From 2003 the R1150 range were fitted with iABS system, sometimes referred to as Servo Brakes.

This is a completely different braking system to the ABS2 system fitted up until 2003.

You are probably wondering why you have no pin 2 on the diagnostic connector. This is because you cannot reset the iABS system by grounding pin 2 like you can with the ABS2 system, hence why there is no wire.

The iABS system is self resetting when the system detects the fault as cleared, or if you had something like a GS911 you can access the fault codes and try clearing them to see if they are permanent or transient faults.

View attachment 274502
Thx Ian for that information it's very helpful. Not sure what I'm going to do in regards getting the fault cleared . I was in the process of changing all my fluids as the bike been standing for years , The abs lights was flashing before I started changing brake fluids, but not able to complete due to fault . But thx again Ian

Thx Ian for that information it's very helpful. Not sure what I'm going to do in regards getting the fault cleared . I was in the process of changing all my fluids as the bike been standing for years , The abs lights was flashing before I started changing brake fluids, but not able to complete due to fault . But thx again Ian
Changing the fluids would be a worthwhile exercise if the bike has been stood for a while. It’s a rather complicated procedure. Many fail to change the brake fluids correctly because they don’t realise the system has 4 brake reservoirs. The two obvious ones are clearly visible, but these are only the control circuits. The other two power circuit reservoirs are located on the servo unit, requiring the fuel tank to be removed to complete the brake service.

http://users.rcn.com/dehager/service/service_abs3.pdf

Last edited:
I watched a video on the bleeding procedure , to my shock when I took the tank off a different set up , lol , so watch another video with same set up as my bike , But for sure changing the fluids makes a difference. Could not get bike into gear before I changed the clutch fluid , works a treat now . Looks like a need GS911, which is too expensive to buy to use once or hopefully someone in the Northwest I can borrow off in exchange for a boiler service or cash , I've change the oil on final drive ,gear box ,engine and new oil filter.

I watched a video on the bleeding procedure , to my shock when I took the tank off a different set up , lol , so watch another video with same set up as my bike , But for sure changing the fluids makes a difference. Could not get bike into gear before I changed the clutch fluid , works a treat now . Looks like a need GS911, which is too expensive to buy to use once or hopefully someone in the Northwest I can borrow off in exchange for a boiler service or cash , I've change the oil on final drive ,gear box ,engine and new oil filter.
Hi Terry, I have a fully working ASB2 Unit , was when removed from my bike and all the pipe works if needed.
Professionally removed by Roy Garner. Let me know if it’s of any use to you.
cheers Alan. Just down the road. :)

OK, I'm hoping to get the fault looked at by Roy soon , how much are you asking for it ?

Back
Top Bottom