Alaska and The Yukon 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
After another excellent trip to Alaska this June, I’ve been persuaded that it’s too good a trip not to repeat in 2024 so it's on again.

The 2023 trip report along with a load of pictures is here.

It's a road trip and will be on rental bikes. Some of the roads can get a little rough and there are some sections of hard packed dirt but they are easy and no problem.

The trip will start in Anchorage on Sunday 28th July 2024 and finishes on Friday 9th August 2024 in Anchorage and the highlights of the trip include:

• Seward
• Wittier Tunnel and Turnagain Arm
• Talkeetna
• Mount Denali and Denali Highway
• Fairbanks
• Arctic Circle on the Dalton Highway
• Chena Hot Springs
• Chicken Alaska
• Top of the World Highway
• Dawson City and Dredge number 4
• Valdez
• Glenn Highway and Matanuska Glacier
• Haines Pass

The route is designed to show you the best of Alaska and takes in many of the must see places in the staggering part of the world.

The trip will be on rental bikes so you fly in, collect your bike, ride with me for 13 days and then drop your bike off at the end of the trip. All motels are pre booked and you pay for these as well as your food, drinks etc as you go. Some motels require payment upfront but you'll get a full run down of where, how much etc etc.Please remember that the route is planned and I'm guiding the trip so I take all worry out of the organisation and as anyone will tell you who has been on my trips, I'm pretty laid back, know all the places to stop and encourage you to relax and enjoy the wonderful places we are in.

The bikes available are BMW R1250GS's, F850GS's and BMW F750GS’s so there is an option for everyone. All are equipped with metal panniers and a top box if required. Tyres on the bikes are Dunlop Trailmax Missions which cope with everything and do the job really well

The trip is ideal for pillions as well as just single riders.

The mileage is around 2700 total with our daily average mileage is about 220 which is very easy up there as there is very little traffic. We also have a great day off in Dawson City which is a fantastic place. The relatively low mileage gives us plenty of time to explore where we are and gives time for plenty of stops to take in everything around us.

Alaska is a truly epic place to ride and experience and it's unlike anywhere you will have been before. One minute you'll be looking at a glacier amongst the snow capped mountains, then you may see a bear wandering along the roadside, a moose feeding in lake and then see Salmon return to spawn in Valdez.

Flights are in and out of Anchorage and we use a great route via Frankfurt which couldn't be easier.

Please message me if you want full details of this great trip.

IMG_0702.jpg
IMG_0812.jpg
IMG_0786.jpg
IMG_0764.jpg
IMG_0858.jpg
IMG_1079.jpg
IMG_1074.jpg
IMG_1093.jpg

That's a long old trip Chris.....................................
The trip will start in Anchorage on Sunday 7th July and finishes on Friday 19th June 2024

Please note that I've had to change the dates on the trip as there has been a double booking on the rental bikes and they wouldn't have enough for our trip.

Start in Anchorage on Sunday 28th July and finish back in Anchorage on Friday 9th August 2024.

I've moved it a couple of weeks back so we get the full choice of bikes and hopefully glorious summer weather.

Those dates work for me, so yes, I’m in
Looking forward to it
Dane
You won't regret it Dane, I went this year and chomping at the bit for more - really is a brilliant experience, every day delivers something new and amazing - after the trip I literally am still buzzing from the memories.

Be careful though check with @Sgt Bilco that no welsh have signed up, this year we had a couple (literally!!!) led by @PW Cymru and they seemed to have some "what went on tour in our room, stays on tour in our room 🐑" policy.:)

100% great experience and great people!

After another excellent trip to Alaska this June, I’ve been persuaded that it’s too good a trip not to repeat in 2024 so it's on again.

The 2023 trip report along with a load of pictures is here.

It's a road trip and will be on rental bikes. Some of the roads can get a little rough and there are some sections of hard packed dirt but they are easy and no problem.

The trip will start in Anchorage on Sunday 28th July 2024 and finishes on Friday 9th August 2024 in Anchorage and the highlights of the trip include:

• Seward
• Wittier Tunnel and Turnagain Arm
• Talkeetna
• Mount Denali and Denali Highway
• Fairbanks
• Arctic Circle on the Dalton Highway
• Chena Hot Springs
• Chicken Alaska
• Top of the World Highway
• Dawson City and Dredge number 4
• Valdez
• Glenn Highway and Matanuska Glacier
• Haines Pass

The route is designed to show you the best of Alaska and takes in many of the must see places in the staggering part of the world.

The trip will be on rental bikes so you fly in, collect your bike, ride with me for 13 days and then drop your bike off at the end of the trip. All motels are pre booked and you pay for these as well as your food, drinks etc as you go. Some motels require payment upfront but you'll get a full run down of where, how much etc etc.Please remember that the route is planned and I'm guiding the trip so I take all worry out of the organisation and as anyone will tell you who has been on my trips, I'm pretty laid back, know all the places to stop and encourage you to relax and enjoy the wonderful places we are in.

The bikes available are BMW R1250GS's, F850GS's and BMW F750GS’s so there is an option for everyone. All are equipped with metal panniers and a top box if required. Tyres on the bikes are Dunlop Trailmax Missions which cope with everything and do the job really well

The trip is ideal for pillions as well as just single riders.

The mileage is around 2700 total with our daily average mileage is about 220 which is very easy up there as there is very little traffic. We also have a great day off in Dawson City which is a fantastic place. The relatively low mileage gives us plenty of time to explore where we are and gives time for plenty of stops to take in everything around us.

Alaska is a truly epic place to ride and experience and it's unlike anywhere you will have been before. One minute you'll be looking at a glacier amongst the snow capped mountains, then you may see a bear wandering along the roadside, a moose feeding in lake and then see Salmon return to spawn in Valdez.

Flights are in and out of Anchorage and we use a great route via Frankfurt which couldn't be easier.

Please message me if you want full details of this great trip.

View attachment 273849
View attachment 273850
View attachment 273851
View attachment 273852
View attachment 273853
View attachment 273854
View attachment 273855
View attachment 273856
Looks great.

Can you send me the details please?

Can you ping me your email address please?

I'm away this weekend so I'll get all the details across on Monday.
a1066d@gmail.com

I live & work predominantly in Canada. So would drive up to Anchorage from Alberta (we live near Calgary) & meet you up there.

My wife would ride a hire bike from you, as would I. Sharing a room is no problem. Her father has expressed an interest in coming along & if he decides to come would be my pillion.

I’m a trucker & have lived in Canada since 2012. Though returning to UK regularly mainly for family & motorcycle related trips & friends.

Alan

Sent you a msg can you email me some details please
Regards Neil

I've been asked by a few people what the dirt sections of the trip are like.

They are hard packed dirt with some gravel in places and really easy on the GS's. They all have 50/50 tyres so don't cause amy problems at all. There is around 500 miles of this kind of surface in total on the trip.

I've attached a few pics so you can see the surface.

In any case, the scenery is so spectacular we take it steady to take it all in :cool:

IMG_1030.jpg
IMG_0986.jpg
IMG_0886.jpg
IMG_0778.jpg

Just
a heads up that i've only got a couple of spots left on this trip so if anyone wants details, please let me know.

All at Arctic circle.jpgIMG_1903.jpg.TOTW.JPG
IMG_2153.jpg

This looks incredible!

I’m fairly new on here, will there be a 2025 trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom