Amending a route to match a track on an iPad

Wapping

Reaction score
I was struggling to drag a route displayed on an iPad, so that it overlayed a track and the two matched. I asked the very helpful MyRoUte forum for a solution. It might be helpful to users here to see the answer.

My question to the MyRoute forum was:

I am struggling to find a way to reorganise shaping points into a logical order on an iPad.

For example, let’s say I have a long route of 300 miles, with 60 shaping points, one every five miles. If I then overlay a track of the route, I can see that the route doesn’t match the track in some places. I would like the route to match the track, so I have to amend it. That is fine but….

I can’t, as far as I can tell, drag the route on my iPad, as it simply drags the map.

If I insert a shaping, to force the route to follow the track, the shaping point is put at the end of the waypoint list. The only way I can find to move ithe new shaping point using my iPad, is to manually drag the last point up the list, into its correct place.

Am I doing something wrong or is this the only way to do it on an iPad?

The best answer was:

Zoom into where you want the new route point (RP) and double tap the screen. This adds a new RP in the correct order.

I then tapped and held the new point, which allowed me to drag the route to overlap the track.

I then very simply checked that the dragged point was correctly positioned.

Job done, with good help from the MyRoute forum.

Back
Top Bottom