Are we the odd ones out?

...and look at the flippin' prices!
Some utterley unrealistic asking prices -- especially in a market that's flatter than a flat thing. Some sellers need a reality check -searching 'BMW r80' + 'sold' shows that most folk are not daft, they're simply not buying.
At least, not at those prices. Most of the r80's sold recently have been at or under the £3k mark (still a fair chunk of moolah for what you're getting, especially compared to some sectors - oilhead anybody?)
Above that, since August, there's really only been three: an original looking ST (£4500) and two r80g/s. No surprises there I guess, except that the first, a ropey looking one, went for just over £5k. The second, a full restoration, looked much better value, even at £7100.

It's alright talking the prices down if you don't have one, but for all those with one, please can we continue talking the prices up. :thumby:

Think of it as an opportunity - everybody knows that one is never enough...

Some belting cafe racers out there ( far better looking than an RT !! ) and if a tad 'real world' practical then I'd have one as many are garage queens. We need mudguards whether we like them or not and many airhead owners need slightly higher bars than a traditional cafe racer would be fitted with. Also some right abortions out there as well !
However, due to their high build costs, I think quite a few will languish in their current owners garages for quite some time.
The K series will be the next donor bike for cafe racers.

Unfortunately mine is refusing to start at the moment!:unsure:(n)
Pleased to announce that, thanks to helpful contributions from Alan ( an electrical engineer), Mikeyboy, and Motoworks, it’s now sorted!
Culprit turned out to be a relay which, although you could hear & feel it pulsing, wasn’t actually doing what it was supposed to. Second hand replacement from Motorworks sorted that and lucky bike benefited from a mega expensive starter motor upgrade. RTW any one?

(still a fair chunk of moolah for what you're getting, especially compared to some sectors - oilhead anybody?)
Agreed, there are lots of oilheads around at the moment for very little money (considering the quality of the bike you're getting and the thousands of miles left in them).

Back
Top Bottom