Arrived

Avant front engine cover, sod to fit. Again BM has made some changes. The engine spoiler has to come off. Not bothered, I like the meta version better, so at some stage will get one of those. Would help to have a bike lift but managed in the end. There is plenty of clearance for airflow, if going to a hot country you can always take it off.

Attachments

• A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 121
  • C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 127
  • A5.jpg
    A5.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 128
Next a hugger, I have 2 :blast Bid for 2 on eBay and got both. One will come up for sell.

Attachments

• I1.jpg
    I1.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 125
Maybe the hugger will help to reduce the crap on the back end of the bike..:nenau

I was tempted to fit one of those engine covers but fitted a Pyramid Plastics fender extender instead.

Now trying to justify to myself one of those Sargent rear seat luggage plates

I will be honest. It is a well made item but you really have to justify £275. I had a good deal on Ebay. £98. The idea was to mount a GIVI top box. But it's not possible. Maybe a different model top box and using the pre drilled holes. Adding extra holes may affect the integrity of the plate?

Maybe the hugger will help to reduce the crap on the back end of the bike..:nenau

I was tempted to fit one of those engine covers but fitted a Pyramid Plastics fender extender instead.

It was £60 from Barnstormer. I recon it's worth it.

Next a hugger, I have 2 :blast Bid for 2 on eBay and got both. One will come up for sell.

Slight difference in the shape

Attachments

• BMW_R1250R_Ilmberger_Carbon_KHO_006_R125R_K_3 (2).jpg
    BMW_R1250R_Ilmberger_Carbon_KHO_006_R125R_K_3 (2).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 117
I will be honest. It is a well made item but you really have to justify £275. I had a good deal on Ebay. £98. The idea was to mount a GIVI top box. But it's not possible. Maybe a different model top box and using the pre drilled holes. Adding extra holes may affect the integrity of the plate?

Might affect the integrity, depending where the new holes are in relation to the others.

Ilmbereger hugger fitted. Easy, I took off the exhaust for better access.

Attachments

• I.jpg
    I.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 81
  • I1.jpg
    I1.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 83
Fantastic colour scheme, the one I wanted but could not get one without ESA I was not waiting for 5 Months for the build, so went for a Sport but with every other option, collection is today so looking forward to getting back on one, just ordered a bar conversion, rear brake lowering doo dah, Givi top box plate and givi tank ring, need a pair of panniers now, not paying £761.04 -10% from BMW ill try to get a used set and have the lids painted again

Rob

I’ll keep my eyes open for one of those pillion seat mounting plates.
Definitely not splashing list price for one.

My modified spare pillion seat base is not so pretty, but does the job.

I removed the pillion pegs. Bought a used RH peg cum exhaust bracket to chop the peg off.

Need to ensure box is in place at MOT time.

The GIVI plate was a cinch to attach to OEM plate. I’m loving the 46L box.

And, I can recommend the Cool Cover. Keeps your backside cool on a hot day and dry on a wet day.
Don’t buy a fake one.

IMG_0067.jpegIMG_3557.jpegIMG_0588.jpegIMG_8403.jpeg

Fantastic colour scheme, the one I wanted but could not get one without ESA I was not waiting for 5 Months for the build, so went for a Sport but with every other option, collection is today so looking forward to getting back on one, just ordered a bar conversion, rear brake lowering doo dah, Givi top box plate and givi tank ring, need a pair of panniers now, not paying £761.04 -10% from BMW ill try to get a used set and have the lids painted again

Rob
Try FC-Moto as they have a large range of Shad Panniers and top boxes at reasonable prices. Cheaper than BM ones. I have the same bike (sport SE with all options ticked) and the bar conversion's a must imho. It's ironic but I'm slowly turning it back into the GS I used to have! Even with import costs it worked out cheaper buying and shipping from Germany than I could have bought for anywhere here (I just bought a top box as I already had panniers).

Not sold on being charged £65 for a small amount of mesh netting for rider's seat? I wonder how these stack up to many cheaper (similar)alternatives?

I have been using a generic mesh seat cover from eBay for 3 summers. It works

I tried the Cekell one and it was ok for the £20 outlay and allows some air flow but have never tried a cool covers one. I was put off spending that amount before first trying a similar design but I don't find mine that comfortable on longer runs so it may end up not being used.

Morety
I had the cheapie one on my 1050 XT and it was great so much so that ive just ordered one for the RS from Ali Express was about £18 I think, ok it may take a couple of weeks to get here but if you dont like it bin it for that money !! I bought a rad guard, and a few other bits as well !! Cheapskate LOL

Rob

Well, I visited a mate last night and now have to eat humble pie. He had the cool covers one and the main difference was it streched to cover the whole seat and unlike mine, won't tend to want to scrunch up, even a little. His actually feels more comfortable to sit on. Mine's a bit thicker but not as comfy. I'll swallow my pride I think and when pocket money day comes around will change it for a cool covers one.

Hi, Boxerboy, do you happen to have a picture of the rear seat pan you've modified? Just the pan itself without your box on. I'm thinking of doing something similar myself but would like to see what the seat pan looks like first before I start ripping a seat to bits.

Well a little update on the 1250RS I found a used pair of BMW panniers on here bought them and re keyed the locks, had the lids painted at BMW so perfect match and they look the nuts, bike had its 2nd annual service in December, then put away for the winter its not been ridden since, off to Wales for 4 days end of April cant wait then June 10 days South of France may replace the stock tyres with a set of road 6s just because I like them and they give me confidence, bit apprehensive as these have only done 2K but hey ho, still looking for a cheaper solution to mirror extenders, apart from that very happy with the bike, aftermarket Yoshi can is very loud on cold start but much nicer and lighter than stock, Roll on April !!

Rob

Back
Top Bottom