Automotive solutions direct, West Brom

mpgscott

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well don’t go near this lot if you can help it.

They had a 2012 R1200GSA ex police bike up for sale with 47k on the clock. Was in touch with the guy Danny and was told it did run but had an intermittent immobiliser fault. So ran a car vertical report all checked out.

Danny had said it had full history and all documents and keys.

So hooked trailer onto car and travelled the 500miles down. Was after a project that would need some fettling which I was happy with. Arranged to be there at specific time, got there bike was rough to be expected. No sign of Danny and no answer on phone after numerous calls.

Mechanic was sound but he knew little of the bike and said it wasn’t running at all. Hooked up the GS911 and there were a load of faults. Could have been an ignition coil, or starter switch. Anyway went to check books, oh there aren’t any just the V5. Ok where’s the other key, no only one.

So pissed off after traveling and given I couldn’t get Danny to speak after 90 mins I walked away.

I had paid a deposit and was told this would be returned.

No apology and still no deposit back. I’m not fussed but a little honesty is all I wanted.

So still have had no response from him and no money, so be aware.

Did you not look at the reviews.
1 * reviews look real.
5 * reviews don’t.
Not much in between.

Did you not look at the reviews.
1 * reviews look real.
5 * reviews don’t.
Not much in between.
I did, as well as a number of calls to discuss hence I thought I had done my due diligence.

Just gone through all the same process with another bike and it’s spot on this time as it should be.

Had a similar experience last year when looking for a lowish mileage r1150gs, a dealer outside of York had one described as low miles @ 30,000 miles in good condition and a very good runner , made an appointment and drove 100 odd miles down there to have a look at it. I Expected the bike to at least be accessible but it was hidden at the back of a large shed amongst hundreds of ex job , DVSA and blood bikes .

It was in utterly shit cosmetic condition, even as far as cracked grips and other rubber pipes, crumbling wiring harness , 12 year old tyres , a non runner (no battery) and who knows what else and they refused to move it and put a battery on to have a look at , the cheeky sods offered me half of bottom book price on a potential trade in which was actually worth more than the £3700 they had the BMW up for... I walked away and guess what, it is still for sale on E Bay 12 months later and now at £2800 ( worth about half of that as a tatty project).

They had tried to pressurise me on the phone into a holding deposit prior to going down which I point blank refused , same as a dealer in Bradford a couple of years earlier who was insisting on a deposit to hold an immaculate bike for me so I could look at it , went down anyway without offering a deposit and it was shockingly bad and not as described

Had a similar experience last year when looking for a lowish mileage r1150gs, a dealer outside of York had one described as low miles @ 30,000 miles in good condition and a very good runner , made an appointment and drove 100 odd miles down there to have a look at it. I Expected the bike to at least be accessible but it was hidden at the back of a large shed amongst hundreds of ex job , DVSA and blood bikes .

It was in utterly shit cosmetic condition, even as far as cracked grips and other rubber pipes, crumbling wiring harness , 12 year old tyres , a non runner (no battery) and who knows what else and they refused to move it and put a battery on to have a look at , the cheeky sods offered me half of bottom book price on a potential trade in which was actually worth more than the £3700 they had the BMW up for... I walked away and guess what, it is still for sale on E Bay 12 months later and now at £2800 ( worth about half of that as a tatty project).

They had tried to pressurise me on the phone into a holding deposit prior to going down which I point blank refused , same as a dealer in Bradford a couple of years earlier who was insisting on a deposit to hold an immaculate bike for me so I could look at it , went down anyway without offering a deposit and it was shockingly bad and not as described
Nightmare.

In fairness I offered up the deposit as I was traveling so far and a couple of weeks later.

You live and learn for sure.

Well, at last after pestering them they have paid me back my deposit.
After your OP I went looking for reviews, I found one where a customer paid a deposit only to find they’d also taken a deposit from another customer, and sold the vehicle. On being challenged they said it was ‘normal practice’:nenau

Doesn‘t sound normal to me.

Back
Top Bottom