Bar risers/screens

Must admit this now feels a lot easier to move around in the garage due to the wider bars, so thats a result, Fitted the Denali Split hooters last night, bit of a faf to be honest, but all done now all neat and tidy and Fooking loud so another result, got a email, the ventilated seat covers, Resi caps, rad guard and final drive slider are with the courier so should be here today,
Something to do tomorrow while it pisses down !!

Rob

....and it's doing just that:ROFLMAO:

I'm done fiddling with mine after adding a few necessities and nice to haves. Of those bits, I'd say the only ones I'd consider essential were the frame and suspension protection bits and the rad guard. The rest is just tailoring a bike to suit the individual. I'm surprised just how many miles I've been putting up on it but that's a good sign as any free time to get out and ride is taken. Still miss the GS but this is growing on me and feels more nimble and quicker than the GS.

....and it's doing just that:ROFLMAO:

Still miss the GS but this is growing on me and feels more nimble and quicker than the GS.
Me to:rolleyes:, smaller wheels and turn in helps. For me moving the bike around and less bulk is a bonus.

Well, I've put up a fair few miles with the risers on now (about 600 miles since fitting them) and have to admit defeat. I just can't stay comfortable with longer rides all, even with Helibars, although 40 minute jaunts are fine, so am wondering if anyone has tried the risers with the GS bars (apparently the GS style bars are an option from new) as it looks as if I could have a reasonable amount of pull back with those? I'd need to fit the brake and clutch hose extensions if going that route but it would be cheaper than chopping the bike in for a GSA or RT! Love everything else about the bike from slow speed manners to high speed cornering. It's a stunning motorbike ruined only by the bloody stupid bar position.

Well, I've put up a fair few miles with the risers on now (about 600 miles since fitting them) and have to admit defeat. I just can't stay comfortable with longer rides all, even with Helibars, although 40 minute jaunts are fine, so am wondering if anyone has tried the risers with the GS bars (apparently the GS style bars are an option from new) as it looks as if I could have a reasonable amount of pull back with those? I'd need to fit the brake and clutch hose extensions if going that route but it would be cheaper than chopping the bike in for a GSA or RT! Love everything else about the bike from slow speed manners to high speed cornering. It's a stunning motorbike ruined only by the bloody stupid bar position.
@zoltan has the OE tubular bars on his so could possibly give you some feedback on what they're like. Steve at Cotswold said they're the bars as fitted to the 1250R sport so if your dealer has one of those in stock you could go and try them all be it without the risers but it would give you some idea oc what they're like compared to the standard bars with risers?

I see you're not far from Cotswold, so it might be worth giving Steve Guest a ring to see if they still have the new1250 R sport they had in stock I sat on a few weeks ago.

Thanks Littleade. I have a call in with Rob to give me a call back to see if they can supply and fit what's needed or to fit the extension hoses, bleed everything and fit the Wunderlich kit if they can't provide the standard tubular bars.

Going in next week. They've already confirmed that they can change the bars a la R1200R for me but need to check re-routing of clutch cable as I want to retain the helibar risers too and I don't think there's enough slack for that without an extender. BMW don't sell them so will have to search Nippys or one of the german stores for something suitable.

Well, surprisingly, after refitting standard sports (high) seat, got on a lot better so have decided to leave it as is, as it's working for me now by going back to the taller seat. With some trepidation, did a practise run with my observer rider (IAM) as if it were the test, and not once was I concerned with distracting discomfort issues plus had a great ride. Settling in nicely with the RS after a 1000 miles up now on it.

Well, surprisingly, after refitting standard sports (high) seat, got on a lot better so have decided to leave it as is, as it's working for me now by going back to the taller seat. With some trepidation, did a practise run with my observer rider (IAM) as if it were the test, and not once was I concerned with distracting discomfort issues plus had a great ride. Settling in nicely with the RS after a 1000 miles up now on it.
and sometimes, it is just miles that makes one accustomed to a bike. Could be physical such as a neck muscle strengthening or mental such as filtering out an auditory or visual distraction.

What definitely helped me was the slight additional leg room that the sport seat has over the standard height Wunderlich seat and the fact it sort of puts you closer to the bars at the front but yes, clocking up the miles develops the muscle memory and posture for the bike.

What definitely helped me was the slight additional leg room that the sport seat has over the standard height Wunderlich seat and the fact it sort of puts you closer to the bars at the front but yes, clocking up the miles develops the muscle memory and posture for the bike.

For a little extra legroom I tried these and was delighted with them...

Sports seat + 15mm lower footpegs really helped with my lanky legs (y)

For a little extra legroom I tried these and was delighted with them...

Sports seat + 15mm lower footpegs really helped with my lanky legs (y)

Did you need to lower the brake lever? Or move it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you need to lower the brake lever? Or move it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think I did, but the honest answer is, I can't remember :duno

If I did, it'd be an easy task because I'm not a natural with a spanner.

Back
Top Bottom