Bike hire in La Palma, Canary Islands or Tenerife?

Dirty Ming

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been persuaded to take a cruise around the Canary Islands end of October on the condition I can hire a bike on one of the days ashore. Options are Tenerife or La Palma. Obviously more choice in Tenerife but I've already seen a lot of the island and keen to try something different. Anyone got experience of hiring a bike in La Palma and whether it's worth it or should I get one in Tenerife? Also, would need to be close to the port. Cheers

=========

Go to post #14 to find the hire company the OP chose and why. Very happy.

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not stopping at Gran Canaria unfortunately

Try PeteBC, I think he has friends on La Palma and has hired bikes before.

If you are in Tenerife in Puerto De La Cruz there is plenty of options for bike hire, I know you have knowledge of the island but I'm sure there are parts of it you may not have explored.

If you are in Tenerife in Puerto De La Cruz there is plenty of options for bike hire, I know you have knowledge of the island but I'm sure there are parts of it you may not have explored.
One of my very favourite places ,, been lots of times 👍

Well, I've emailed and completed their online requests and not one has replied. Maybe they don't like British riders.....

There are several places that hire bikes but the problem is that I need one fairly close to the port, and most are the opposite end of the islands.

Okay, quick update. One place on La Palma has got back to me and are offering an MT-07, delivered and collected from the port for €150, which I think is the best deal I'm gonna get. Any must - do sights or roads I should sample?

I’d ask the bike hire bods, they’ll know.

IMG_4447.jpg

Last edited:
Went with the company I'd emailed. Olaf, the owner, brought the bike to the port along with a bike jacket, as I'd brought my own helmet, jeans etc. Came with my first choice, a KTM Duke390. Virtually brand new, 1100kms on it. Had a great day, went everywhere from seafront up to the mountains, where evidence of the volcano explosion in 2021 was clear to see. Very laid back island, would like to spend more time there to explore more, and the baby Duke is probably the best way to get around. Didn't get into top gear all day, barely a straight road but tons of fun.

I'd definitely consider hiring a bike from Olaf's set-up. Very professional, good communication apart from him being German and only speaking Spanish as well. Luckily my wife speaks the lingo so helped with the translations.

Went with the company I'd emailed. Olaf, the owner, brought the bike to the port along with a bike jacket, as I'd brought my own helmet, jeans etc. Came with my first choice, a KTM Duke390. Virtually brand new, 1100kms on it. Had a great day, went everywhere from seafront up to the mountains, where evidence of the volcano explosion in 2021 was clear to see. Very laid back island, would like to spend more time there to explore more, and the baby Duke is probably the best way to get around. Didn't get into top gear all day, barely a straight road but tons of fun.

I'd definitely consider hiring a bike from Olaf's set-up. Very professional, good communication apart from him being German and only speaking Spanish as well. Luckily my wife speaks the lingo so helped with the translations.
Result 👏. What's Olaf's company then ? 🤔

Aventura Verde.
Bike delivered and collected from the port, 2023 KTM 390 DUKE, jacket, helmet etc (but I used my own), 149€. I did 250km that day, 9 litres of go-go juice so a respectable 75mpg.
Well recommended

Aventura Verde.
Bike delivered and collected from the port, 2023 KTM 390 DUKE, jacket, helmet etc (but I used my own), 149€. I did 250km that day, 9 litres of go-go juice so a respectable 75mpg.
Well recommended
For a good service like that, I think that's a very fair price. I also suspect that you'd never find better roads for the baby KTM. Nice one.

For a good service like that, I think that's a very fair price. I also suspect that you'd never find better roads for the baby KTM. Nice one.
I didn't want to get a taxi to and from the rental address, which was a good 20mins away. Unlimited mileage was the key - too many places have restrictions of about 100km a day. I did 250!

Back
Top Bottom