Black Forest via Ardennes, Luxembourg

In order not to fall into another protracted day tomorrow we’re heading to Baden fairly directly but off motorway.

I’m salivating at the thought of Jambon Fromage baguettes washed down with some foreign coffee.

enjoy the trip

2nd gear all the way …….?

A picture above, shows them hanging about in what seems to be Watten. Watten from Calais (where they got off the Chunnel) is only spitting distance. It would be great if the OP could share the GPX fine of his route for day one with us.

Last edited:
Stayed at Danes Mercure at Maidstone last night. Slept alright for a 0450 alarm.…… It has now occurred to me, prompted by Wapping, to stay in France on first night….

04:50 alarm call to get up in Maidstone crack den.

Chunnel deserted (unsurprisingly) on arrival.

An earlier train caught, saving 90 minutes.

Then hours spent, getting to Neufchateau…..

The mind boggles and it’s only day one :D

Keep us posted :beerjug:

Last edited:
Fuck France and it’s 80, 50, 30 speed limits I could have died out there man. Should have used motorway to near Ardenne.

Two should’ve so far. Take note.

It sounds like you and your party, have been meandering across France all day.

PS Take no notice of the national speed limit on rural French roads. That’s three ‘Should’ve’ you’ve now got. At this rate, it’ll be a long list by the time you get home :D

On the one hand people encourage us to post about our trips and to put pictures up. On the other hand you’re a sarky fucker.

Anyway off to Baden Baden. We might take all day we might not.

Attachments

• 3FA45ECA-4BFB-4CAB-9A62-6A7187CAF630.jpeg
    3FA45ECA-4BFB-4CAB-9A62-6A7187CAF630.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 3AD1A613-F9AF-4F38-B1B1-66115E1DBCC5.jpeg
    3AD1A613-F9AF-4F38-B1B1-66115E1DBCC5.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 12
  • C2324913-7B26-4FC4-B6D3-ADBA54B6E29C.jpeg
    C2324913-7B26-4FC4-B6D3-ADBA54B6E29C.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 2113D1BB-9B8B-4DDE-9084-9711A7393FC7.jpeg
    2113D1BB-9B8B-4DDE-9084-9711A7393FC7.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 12
On the one hand people encourage us to post about our trips and to put pictures up. On the other hand you’re a sarky fucker.

Yes, I have noticed it. Keep it coming and ignore the negative comments .....

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

We all know what the Africa twin looks like…. You got to have another five bikes there….. just saying.

Ps. Tell the party less faffery, more progress and scenic pictures, not of your steak (some can’t stomach it), chips or coffee, we all know what those look like.

TA muchly.

Mind the bollards and pill boxes at the side of the roads. Obey “dangerous road segments” but have fun with the rest of the deserted and bathing in the sunshine black serpentine.

I appreciated the Euro coffee photo, keep the report coming

Sounds good Bloomers, it ain't a race. It's early days anyrode so you'll find your happiest pace together and you have to look after the "new lad". Even the sarcy fekkers mean well and are enjoying your exploits. Keep it coming.

( :blast Sheesh! How fekkin long? :D)

(y)

Its your trip.

Go at whatever pace suits.

Post whatever Pics suits.

Do whatever suits.

There's no right way, just the way that suits you and the group.

Keep it coming (y)

I did add the smiley face and the cheers things. It was you that told us there was faffing about, which (coupled to the route chosen) extended the journey time and resulted in your self-confessed saw arse.

Anyway, enjoy your holiday.

I did add the smiley face and the cheers things. It was you that told us there was faffing about, which (coupled to the route chosen) extended the journey time and resulted in your self-confessed saw arse.

Anyway, enjoy your holiday.
So you're not the sarcastic fecker that you come across as?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Minor roads. Some of the group like full value. I’m asking the same question. Coffees lunch and faffage.

🤣

I guess this is like a bad golfer, who gets ‘best value’ out of a round of 125 strokes, versus a professional who takes ‘only’ 65?

How did day two go, with a more direct routing?

PS Great that you picked-up on the suggestion of (if possible) travelling over to France in the evening, rather than staying overnight in England. I live only 90 minutes from the Chunnel, but try to do it whenever possible. Likewise returning, I now try to spend my last night in France and head for a mid-morning train the next day, when it is quieter.

Back
Top Bottom