BMW Motorrad Service Packages - Appears Good Value?

I could do that as an independent at my own place for sub £250. Or at the non-BMW Kawasaki/Suzuki main dealer I work at for £290.

Using all genuine parts. No rattle guns or chasing bonus.

You'll have to bring your own pastries and froggy coffee though;)

Thinking about the service plan having been quoted £490 by Vines for my GSA1250 12k service. Mind you, the good chaps at Bahnstormer quoted £390.

To clarify, having spoken to Vines, the price for the 12k is the same as Bahnstormer. Vines included the brake fluid service which they did last time.

What happens in the final year of the service contract? For example you get the bike in April 2019 and the service in 2024 isn’t due until the May or June. Is that last year effectively missed with the service at your cost?

What happens in the final year of the service contract? For example you get the bike in April 2019 and the service in 2024 isn’t due until the May or June. Is that last year effectively missed with the service at your cost?

I took out the service plan on my new bike. £750 for 4 services seemed reasonable.
I asked if there was a time limit for getting the first (600 mile) service done for exactly the same reason you mentioned above. No definite figure was given but “don’t leave it too long as it will push it past the 3 year mark”.
It’s not a definitive answer but there is some common-sense wiggle room.

Just asking but I do 7.5k a year. Is it worth me paying for the 3 year package?
Just waiting to sell my current bike and I'm going to buy the GSA.

The dealer advises me that the service plan needs to be taken directly with BMW, but no way to buy online.
has anyone bought one? If so direct or with dealer?

The dealer advises me that the service plan needs to be taken directly with BMW, but no way to buy online.
has anyone bought one? If so direct or with dealer?
In February I arranged my service package through Sycamore Peterborough during the purchase. They clarified that BMW provided the deal, hence I’ll take the bike to Norwich for my services.
The BMW Motorrad page just directs you to a dealer;
https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/service/service-inclusive.html

So dealer may need to revise statement of where I purchase?

Just due my first year service, Sycamore Witham quoted £790 for the service plan, three services covered including the biggie at year three year. Anyone know if consumables ( like brake pads are included )? I'll ask anyway when I pop in.

Just due my first year service, Sycamore Witham quoted £790 for the service plan, three services covered including the biggie at year three year. Anyone know if consumables ( like brake pads are included )? I'll ask anyway when I pop in.
The brake pads are unlikely to be included. How many miles are you going to clock up in that time? I've done just under 4k and had 3 services on mine including 2 brake fluid changes and that cost me £700 at Cotswold

The brake pads are unlikely to be included. How many miles are you going to clock up in that time? I've done just under 4k and had 3 services on mine including 2 brake fluid changes and that cost me £700 at Cotswold
4k miles a year, first service is costing me £280. They recon the 3 year one will be iro £500.

I'm sat in the cafe at Sycamore Motorad while my K1600 gets a service. Three-year plan at £805, which includes today, next year (£700 major service) and the following year.
Seems good value to me?

I have Stroud motorcycle Company (mentioned on this hallowed forum) localish to me so may ask them for a quote for the major one. Minor ones I do myself.

I have Stroud motorcycle Company (mentioned on this hallowed forum) localish to me so may ask them for a quote for the major one. Minor ones I do myself.

Be quick - they’re closing for good on 30/11/23, and won’t accept anymore work from 22/09/23.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's very sad news. I've known the mechanic since his bvm days, one of the best mechanics I've come across.

Back
Top Bottom