Brake pads and how to ride…

stick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well its here, ex demo bike with 3k miles and most options have been ticked with a decent saving. They did say its had new rear pads:unsure:,.apologies for the tesla in the background (its a belter btw) :DView attachment 307804
Lucky bugger , I’m at 1100 miles and on my second set a due for a change at 2800 miles by all accounts …

Lucky bugger , I’m at 1100 miles and on my second set a due for a change at 2800 miles by all accounts …
i don't know how many sets of pads it had before hand though :D Brilliant bike to ride absolutely no regrets.

Stick easy solution...More Throttle and less brake...LOL

SiRich...You are a brave man admitting to owning a Tesla...I thought you guys were safe but I guess they make that crap also in right hand drive...My condolences...The only battery for a car or motorcycle should run the starter !

SiRich...You are a brave man admitting to owning a Tesla...I thought you guys were safe but I guess they make that crap also in right hand drive...My condolences...The only battery for a car or motorcycle should run the starter !
I used to say that before id driven one (this is a bit like your 1300 moaning BL, given you haven't even ridden it), and would be the first to admit if it was crap but I love it, wouldn't go back to a combustion engine and getting dry bummed in the dealers and by government on fuel and road tax, I have a bike for that!...it works for my needs, we have a volvo xc40 electric too. I don't care what others drive, their choice and what works for them, I just know I really enjoy driving it (it can seriously hustle round corners) and the ease and integration of it all.

Stick easy solution...More Throttle and less brake...LOL
But if your on the throttle , I would expect to be using the brakes more as to scrub speed , settle the bike etc .
I must remember that when next on the Col De Nargo L-511 , may not make it to the end mind , but thanks for the riding tip.

But if your on the throttle , I would expect to be using the brakes more as to scrub speed , settle the bike etc .
I must remember that when next on the Col De Nargo L-511 , may not make it to the end mind , but thanks for the riding tip.
I notice, when following friends on their bikes, They are using their brakes twice as much as I do. Literally enough for me to notice it and mention it. I put it down to not reading the road correctly, no anticipation. Employing the correct actions reduces the need for excessive breaking, instead using the gears and engine to "bleed" excess speed.

I notice, when following friends on their bikes, They are using their brakes twice as much as I do. Literally enough for me to notice it and mention it. I put it down to not reading the road correctly, no anticipation. Employing the correct actions reduces the need for excessive breaking, instead using the gears and engine to "bleed" excess speed.
I don't follow I lead groups , plus I ride for fun , Sounds like you calculate a bit much and miss the visceral bit .. You sound like an advance rider course . Follow one once and the lead rider was a ride wamnker , and he cause more issues as as he was tying to be a mother duck with his students , and not allowing others to pass his group , thus causing him to be aggressive in his riding.
I pulled him up at Crossgate Cafe and had it out with him , he still got shitty but point out to him that with all his blocking he had ( lol) forgotten about his students .
Come to Spain ... lets see .. or Wales even.

I don't follow I lead groups , plus I ride for fun , Sounds like you calculate a bit much and miss the visceral bit .. You sound like an advance rider course . Follow one once and the lead rider was a ride wamnker , and he cause more issues as as he was tying to be a mother duck with his students , and not allowing others to pass his group , thus causing him to be aggressive in his riding.
I pulled him up at Crossgate Cafe and had it out with him , he still got shitty but point out to him that with all his blocking he had ( lol) forgotten about his students .
Come to Spain ... lets see .. or Wales even.
Like you, I lead 99% of the time. Im away from end of march until end of October. All for fun. (y)

Good stuff , just remember , riding is fun , not a science ...
100% agree.
Who said it was a science ?
Over using your brakes is more of a habit, than a science.
And thanks, I must remind myself its fun when Im away (y) Cheers. :rolleyes:

100% agree.
And thanks, I must remind myself its fun when Im away (y) Cheers. :rolleyes:
Still over thinking, no habit more of settling the bike , approaching the corner with enough scrubbed speed to allow a smooth transition , rather than a helmet full of twigs. Also it’s a cover thing when pushing and the feel of an unknown road , your brakes are your life line , being regimented in situations can lead to offs . I always tell my group to feel the road not read it how you may have been told .But I do have good riders with me , even the track riders listen lol 😂

100% agree.

Still over thinking, no habit more of settling the bike , approaching the corner with enough scrubbed speed to allow a smooth transition , rather than a helmet full of twigs. Also it’s a cover thing when pushing and the feel of an unknown road , your brakes are your life line , being regimented in situations can lead to offs . I always tell my group to feel the road not read it how you may have been told .
Thank you for your advice. I will now know to depress the brakes and not crash (y)
Cheers :rolleyes:

Stick sounds like stuck (your brakes that is)

I’ve just checked my manual

I shall henceforth brake in the correct manner so as to minimize stopping distances (y) :D

View attachment 309229
How does that work? I was behind a new GS and the indicator was also the break light. So if the hazards light come on the break light doesn't work I assume.

Back
Top Bottom